DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller and magnetic USB

jmark

Reactions
Has anyone used this with their Mavic controller?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Cool...445&sr=1-1&keywords=smart+and+cool+gen+4&th=1

I was thinking of leaving this connected to the mini-USB connector and using the main USB connecter to connect my controller. I would then just snap on to the mini USB for charging. Would I still be able to use the large USB connector to connect to my phone even though the magnetic mini USB is still attached?

Has anyone used this with their Mavic controller?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Cool-L-Shaped-i-Product-Twin-Pack-5-feet-Gray/dp/B075TZ9BC1/ref=sr_1_1_m?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1534420445&sr=1-1&keywords=smart+and+cool+gen+4&th=1

I was thinking of leaving this connected to the mini-USB connector and using the main USB connecter to connect my controller. I would then just snap on to the mini USB for charging. Would I still be able to use the large USB connector to connect to my phone even though the magnetic mini USB is still attached?
You can only have one USB cable attached at a time, also I am concerned with the "magnetic" the controller can go wonky around magnets.

Reactions: Former Member
Good point about the magnet. Anyone know of any other solution to avoid the mini USB port from being ruined on the controller?

Yes. As long as the Micro USB port is being used for charging only, you can use the bottom USB port as data.

Leaving the detachable part of the magnetic USB cable in the port is a good idea. When you charge, attach the charging cable for an hour or until the controller is charged. Ive been doing this for a few weeks and it works well.

Yes. As long as the Micro USB port is being used for charging only, you can use the bottom USB port as data.

Leaving the detachable part of the magnetic USB cable in the port is a good idea. When you charge, attach the charging cable for an hour or until the controller is charged. Ive been doing this for a few weeks and it works well.

Great! I'll give it a go. Thanks @Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll