Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller Holder

NewWest

Reactions
OK, who has ideas for how to strap the controller to

1) a stroller
2) a bike

For follow-me/active track modes. Would like to keep control of the aircraft but be able to go handsfree!

The mother of invention is necessity. Good idea. Probably a bracket to hold the controller to a stroller or a bike, like the brackets Gopros use. That being said, how far does the controller need to be from the item/person when using active track or follow me. I thought the Mavic (and Phantom 4/4Pro) do active track/follow-me differently than other drones. For instance, my Yuneec Typhoon Q500+, I have to carry the controller with me to follow-me, because it's really following the controller. I thought with follow-me/active track on the Mavic, the drone is following the subject that is chosen.

I used a cheap smartphone bike mount and it works good for biking on the road. I really like to have something to use for Mountain biking and this mount will not work, at the first bump the entire remote/phone will go down. I would really like to know if there is anything in the works.
Anybody has any ideas??

Take a look at RAM mounts. You could put an adhesive ball mount on the bottom of the controller and a grip arm on anything you wanted to attach it to...... I have read comments here of people putting the Mavvy into active track and then just sitting the controller beside a tree or whatever. I read that to mean that it does not have to be anywhere near you.

Such a shame as DJI could have easily included a 1/4 thread on the back which would have opened up a whole load of options for mounting it to things as well as different tablet holders etc. Hopefully the next version will have one.

Reactions: halley

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman