DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crash - Back Arm Dislocated !!!

Aviator_AF

Reactions
I was flying my mavic in reasonably strong winds. Flew it into a tree with a strong tailwind. Ended up breaking a few props. What I noticed the back arm had dislocated itself from the body and the small hex screw had torn itself from the predrilled hole.

I have fixed the Mavic Drone by undoing the battery and removing the hex bolts and re-pushing the arm into the drone body socket (hinge). Seems like a good fix and feels sold again.

Has anyone else experienced one of the arms dislocating itself after a crash ???

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I wasn't paying attention and was calling it home in sports mode, it drifted into a tree and did the fall of death AKA the Kiss of Death lol.

Hey, were you able to repair your drone...? I had a similar incident this morning and I am hoping I can get repair parts...at least one arm, maybe two.

Hey, were you able to repair your drone...? I had a similar incident this morning and I am hoping I can get repair parts...at least one arm, maybe two.
Repair parts are not available as the demand for the Mavic is still very high. Your only option is to send it in for repair, Do you have DJI Care Refresh?

Speak to salvagedrone about spares he's on here tell him i sent you

I'm looking for a front antenna for mine..

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Repair parts are not available as the demand for the Mavic is still very high. Your only option is to send it in for repair, Do you have DJI Care Refresh?

Unfortunately not...I bought mine at Best Buy and was not aware of it. I will definitely get it in the future!

Guess I'll just have to wait it out...bummer.

I still have to upload the logs and I think I'll be able to get a replacement for $79 I have Dji care refresh

Sent from [emoji211]

I had the plastic that prevents the back arm from rotating further upward become bendable after a crash. Sent to DJI, quoted $237 for repair or $79 to refresh, so I refreshed...

iPhone 6S

This is exactly why I have DJI Care Refresh - I'm an experienced pilot but, whilst keeping an eye on battery / height / velocity / wind / connection status (plus taking video / photos and using C1 to focus, or adjusting exposure), it is easy to miss something. Or hit something, depending on your point of view. I bought at the old price (£100 less than now) so simply invested that in CR.Knowing my luck, I'll probably crash on day 366....

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: peros550
I had the plastic that prevents the back arm from rotating further upward become bendable after a crash. Sent to DJI, quoted $237 for repair or $79 to refresh, so I refreshed...

iPhone 6S

That's awesome! I'll upload my log files and get going to get my refresh

Sent from [emoji211]

That's awesome! I'll upload my log files and get going to get my refresh

Sent from [emoji211]

Make sure you check how long the shipping will take, and consider paying to ship it faster yourself. DJI ships by UPS standard - not the super fast air shipping Apple uses, but ground that moves at a snail's pace. Mine took 5 full days to get from Victoria BC to the service centre in Carson, CA. (Where it got delayed due to holidays and actually delivered in 8 days). Then after multiple emails and confirmations with support that I would pay to expedite the return shipping, I finally got a tracking number today and guess what - UPS Standard again! 5 more UPS working days to wait...

iPhone 6S

Make sure you check how long the shipping will take, and consider paying to ship it faster yourself. DJI ships by UPS standard - not the super fast air shipping Apple uses, but ground that moves at a snail's pace. Mine took 5 full days to get from Victoria BC to the service centre in Carson, CA. (Where it got delayed due to holidays and actually delivered in 8 days). Then after multiple emails and confirmations with support that I would pay to expedite the return shipping, I finally got a tracking number today and guess what - UPS Standard again! 5 more UPS working days to wait...

iPhone 6S

Lol dang, ok thx! Yea I'll pay for it just hurry [emoji23]

Sent from [emoji211]

this...was painful....I'm asking to ship it back faster but the wait and language barrier:mad::confused:

Good luck. I asked to ship it back faster and they quoted me a price and I agreed... then they shipped it back Standard anyway.

iPhone 6S

Unfortunately not...I bought mine at Best Buy and was not aware of it. I will definitely get it in the future!

Guess I'll just have to wait it out...bummer.

If you can show it's flying and working on a video, you may be able to purchase DJI care refresh....I was lurking on their boards and found this from a DJi team moderator:

You can still buy it, but you'll need to submit a video showing your drone is in working order: https://repair.dji.com/en/djiCare/CustomerUpLoad

iPhone 6S

You get your replacement? My broke one is headed to California even though there is a Dji repair shop in Florida

Sent from [emoji211]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh