DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

a very recent quote from another forum..

"According to uk drone store who apparently supply amazon? They have stock landing tomorrow"

This is the guy I mentioned earlier in this thread who was selling on eBay (sold 41 on there) and won't answer whether his are still due to him on Thursday. He's also the guy that Amazon trusted to supply those of us who ordered Mavics from them that were supposed to be delivered this Friday..

Capture.JPG

Latest!Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 09.48.20.png

NOTE to self!!
1. don't bother with dealers....
2. don't bother with UK suppliers...
3. order direct from country of origin....

Reactions: Pedro
NOTE to self!!
1. don't bother with dealers....
2. don't bother with UK suppliers...
3. order direct from country of origin....

Definitely..

I've just seen that companies like Littlewoods (wtf!), Very and Clove are now advertising the Mavic which is real mainstream consumer stuff.. How on earth could they give post sales technical support for this which means you would have to rely upon DJI's support which I have no personal experience of but there are plenty of negative comments about them..

Definitely..

I've just seen that companies like Littlewoods (wtf!), Very and Clove are now advertising the Mavic which is real mainstream consumer stuff.. How on earth could they give post sales technical support for this which means you would have to rely upon DJI's support which I have no personal experience of but there are plenty of negative comments about them..
Shocking how little they give a ****!! I feel so sorry for the UK dealers like 'Heliguy', whether they accept it or not the whole situation will and has damaged their reputation. I've spoke to several people now who won't bother dealing with any dealers based on this situation.

I know what you mean but anybody who looks at this must realise that none of the UK dealers are at fault here, it's all down to DJI so the dealers really shouldn't take any flak from this situation..

Shocking how little they give a ****!! I feel so sorry for the UK dealers like 'Heliguy', whether they accept it or not the whole situation will and has damaged their reputation. I've spoke to several people now who won't bother dealing with any dealers based on this situation.
Your right, none of the dealers should take any crap. I've kind of been put off buying a Mavic from DJI just because of this, I don't know if I can trust them if that makes sense. As each day passes I'm getting closer to cancelling and seeing what else if out there, as much as I don't want to cancel and can't wait to get hold of the Mavic, I've lost trust in DJI and worried any after sales would be a headache.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I sort of don't really blame DJI on this one, if they did rush an announcement. They are pioneers in this field in terms of technology, and maybe jumped the gun to take the heat out of a competitor's product, which is clearly inferior anyway. Look at how unfavourable the comparisons have been between the two - it will have really taken the wind out the sails of GoPro's flagship product, and it's represents good business. If I was CEO I'd have done the same - it's what pays for R&D on the next Inspire, Phantom 5, Mavic 2...

Granted they are handling comms pretty badly, but that's nothing new. We know their customer services is woeful, already. I'm not excusing that.

We just have to wait, probably a few more weeks, before we get our state of the art drones. It's a bit of a #firstworldproblem if you ask me, and much as I'm keen for mine to arrive, I won't be off looking around for something less which is less good, for the sake of a couple of weeks of patience.

just my 2p

I agree with all.... the fact was in the launch event if they said available december 2016... no one would be screaming and they still would of secured a lot of Karma sales potential...

Reply from DJI Direct, I asked when any shipments would be made to the UK, I 'like' the bit about always contacting the seller for the latest information.. :)

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your interest in DJI.

The shipment will be arranged soon.

We will inform our dealers about the shipping information once the shippment is arranged.

Please always contact the seller for the latest information.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks.

Best regards.

DJI Sales dept.

After explaining that no UK dealers have any idea when their shipments are due, I received this email:

Dear Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please kindly wait? You may check back with the dealer two weeks later.

Thanks.

Best regards.

DJI Sales dept.

After explaining that no UK dealers have any idea when their shipments are due, I received this email:

Dear Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please kindly wait? You may check back with the dealer two weeks later.

Thanks.

Best regards.

DJI Sales dept.
HAHAHA I joked a while ago about Santa delivering Mavics....

It made me chuckle when they asked if I could wait.. Err, not really but what choice do I have?

So Santa it is, if we're lucky.. :(

DJI are not coming out of this looking good in spite of all the fanboy defense..

they have placed reputable dealers in a sh-t postition.. caused them to make promises they cant keep and put them to loads of trouble..

and i did place my order in the country of origin.. the china dealer still has not seen hide nor hair of a f-cking mavic.. they are telling me end of november and that is from a china dealer.. i know when the dealer gets some i will get my shipment.. but its still all a big unknown..

trog

ps.. i know this aint modern day thinking but in an old fashioned i recon before you sell a bird it should be in your f-cking hand and not still in the f-cking bush.. he he

to be honest i see obtaining money or goods by deception as fraud.. fraud still being a crime even if it dosnt seem that way in todays bullsh-t world.. :)

Last edited:
DJI are not coming out of this looking good in spite of all the fanboy defense..

they have placed reputable dealers in a sh-t postition.. caused them to make promises they cant keep and put them to loads of trouble..

and i did place my order in the country of origin.. the china dealer still has not seen hide nor hair of a f-cking mavic.. they are telling me end of november and that is from a china dealer.. i know when the dealer gets some i will get my shipment.. but its still all a big unknown..

trog

ps.. i know this aint modern day thinking but in an old fashioned i recon before you sell a bird it should be in your f-cking hand and not still in the f-cking bush.. he he

to be honest i see obtaining money or goods by deception as fraud.. fraud still being a crime even if it dosnt seem that way in todays bullsh-t world.. :)
Very good point.... well all of them... Especially the fraud one! Sure some legal wiz will now state the law reference that says DJI are allowed to pull your pants down and stick it to you.

hey guys just received this so my 7th october order can be removed from list

New message from: ukdronestore (43)
Dear Customer.

We were contacted yesterday by our UK importer of DJI products to confirm that DJI had announced a last minute increase in the trade price of the Mavic drone. This action by DJI which we believe has been caused by the drop in the value of the pound, has resulted in our importer and other UK wholesalers having to remove the Mavic from their product list and we are now faced with issuing refunds to our customers immediately. We sincerely apologise for this disappointing news as we invested heavily in marketing the product and were preparing to take on extra staff to distribute out to our customers in the shortest possible time. We work very hard on the quality of our customer service and will ensure refunds are with you ASAP.

Yours sincerely,

Sam Shaw
Managing Director
UK Drone Store Ltd

Last edited:
LOL really.... check the web

hey guys just received this

New message from: ukdronestore (43)
Dear Customer.

We were contacted yesterday by our UK importer of DJI products to confirm that DJI had announced a last minute increase in the trade price of the Mavic drone. This action by DJI which we believe has been caused by the drop in the value of the pound, has resulted in our importer and other UK wholesalers having to remove the Mavic from their product list and we are now faced with issuing refunds to our customers immediately. We sincerely apologise for this disappointing news as we invested heavily in marketing the product and were preparing to take on extra staff to distribute out to our customers in the shortest possible time. We work very hard on the quality of our customer service and will ensure refunds are with you ASAP.

Yours sincerely,

Sam Shaw
Managing Director
UK Drone Store Ltd

I wonder who Amazon are going to use to fulfil our orders due for delivery on 16th November now?? :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard