DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

if it helps you're probably all one slot further up the pre-orders with DJI, assuming they process my cancellation before shipping it!

Because I'm sad I spoke to 3 stores around us and they all said that Selfridges was a flagship store, worth checking the other ones in London (he said), however as of 16:40 today Birmingham,Bristol and Solihull are zero physical stock (to save you ringing).

If only I'd been so lucky :(

Tbh i think it's a good sign, meaning that more and more are making their way here.
If it helps, before this breakthrough I had setup a website change monitor pointing at the Maplins and Apple listing pages. It's set to scan the pages every 10mins and notify upon any change.
Desperate af.. i know.. :D

Tbh i think it's a good sign, meaning that more and more are making their way here.
If it helps, before this breakthrough I had setup a website change monitor pointing at the Maplins and Apple listing pages. It's set to scan the pages every 10mins and notify upon any change.
Desperate af.. i know.. :D

I can top that -- yesterday I wrote a script to poll the Apple availability API for London periodically, check the storePickupQuote value, then email me if it changes.

It seemed pretty clever to me yesterday, but I woke up this morning to find notifications for every Apple store as their dates changed from the 18th to the 19th Jan. It seems their availability is just "today + two months", not a real date.

that kind of thing works though. i've done email notifications before for stuff. obviously not quite as advanced as writing a script though!!

Hi all, just thought I'd chip in as I've been watching this thread for more information on pre-orders from UK third parties. I have a pre-order with Very.co.uk and obviously haven't received anything at all like the rest of you.
I just spoke with customer services and I was told that there was no update on my order as it hadn't shipped from the supplier yet. They are handing it over to the trace team which will take up to 3 days but if they deem that it's going to take much longer to delivery or cannot verify they will credit my account with the cost and the order will be cancelled. I have no control of them cancelling or not, so I'll just have to see what they say.
I'm starting to lose all interest in this product now, I'd much rather just watch peoples videos on youtube and enjoy the footage people are shooting. I'll probably end up waiting until stock is available on-hand somewhere rather than chasing pipe dreams.

To all Very preorder people, my estimated ship date has changed to 16th Jan 2017!! Ah well, at least I can stop checking 100 times a day now!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Alex Miller
my very order still says today for delivery as soon as the date changes i am cancelling it

I'll leave my Very.co.uk order open for now, but hopefully I'll get lucky in an Apple Store before next year...

So VERY have not done VERY well then..... mine has changed as to 16th Jan.

Now the question would be, is that date just going to be a drip feed of Mavic's as they arrive - like many other outlets ? I guess so.

Now the question would be, is that date just going to be a drip feed of Mavic's as they arrive - like many other outlets ? I guess so.

I'm guessing that will be the case as well. Might actually get some work done now instead of checking the status ever hour or so.

Just gonna forget about it and wait for an email from them.

Reactions: willhay555
i've canceled all my orders.
Need to think on something else, because this is driving me nuts.
I ll be waiting for my local store, where i use to buy, to have it.
but i'll be around reading all this stories.
Great stuff :)

Very does say "by" the 16th Jan which indicates that they aren't entirely sure....fingers crossed it will be sooner!

First time poster here.

I ordered the 'fly more' package from very.co.uk with 20% off for new credit accounts with buy now pay Dec 2017.

Was due today but just had a revision to 17 Jan 2017.

I'm happy to wait.
It's my first quadcopter, if you discount the cheap syma I've just bought to practice with.

I best get better, and quickly.

I agree, Very will have given that date as a latest, same as Apple, and others retailers, and will slowly fulfill orders as the drips of stock arrive between now and then

I agree, Very will have given that date as a latest, same as Apple, and others retailers, and will slowly fulfill orders as the drips of stock arrive between now and then

Yes I'd say that's what will happen.

I'm going to the US for Christmas. I wanted it for then. Shame that now likely won't happen. I'll keep my order open and see if I can pick one up while I'm over there.

I do think it's poor from Very from a customer services point of view though to update the orders with a TWO MONTH delay without even the courtesy of an email to explain the situation. Their "Trace" team also never got back to me today, which they promised to do. :mad:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13