DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

But how did you contact them.. I call the local store number I found , but insist on taking to speak to the main helpline

Wonder if it's worth call around apple UK stores today ?

I visited three in London yesterday (before running out to Selfridges) -- the flagship in Regent Street looked up the Mavic on their inventory system and told me no stores in London had any stock. Covent Garden and White City didn't even have it in their internal inventory to say "out of stock".

Of course, you should absolutely call them, and if they turn out to have any let me know first :)

I visited three in London yesterday (before running out to Selfridges) -- the flagship in Regent Street looked up the Mavic on their inventory system and told me no stores in London had any stock. Covent Garden and White City didn't even have it in their internal inventory to say "out of stock".

Of course, you should absolutely call them, and if they turn out to have any let me know first :)
If it can be of any help, when i was on the phone with Apple yday they mentioned a difference between items in stock for sale and items received from cancelled pre-orders with pick up in store. The latter group does not appear in their inventory list, nor the store check that you can do on the website (which is the same the agent on apple support can see) and can only be found by literally walking in store and asking.

The thing I'm annoyed with.

Apple are shafting there pre-order customers.

I actually pre ordered with them on 27th and still
My order is in processing !! I'm now P***ED

Reactions: Watty
If it can be of any help, when i was on the phone with Apple yday they mentioned a difference between items in stock for sale and items received from cancelled pre-orders with pick up in store. The latter group does not appear in their inventory list, nor the store check that you can do on the website (which is the same the agent on apple support can see) and can only be found by literally walking in store and asking.

Yeah, I asked each time if they had any in the back, but the answer was always no. I suspect they just haven't got to Apple here yet.

There's a guy on eBay selling one that was one of 3 that he's received from Apple on early delivery as he's an Apple shareholder.. I don't suppose that'll make you feel any better tho. :(

dont forget the Store was a "pre-order" customer.. what amazes me about this whole issue is how quick folks are to lay the blame on anybody but the real culprit.. which is DJI who to be honest seem to be shafting everybody..

trog

Good afternoon. I have been following this thread with great interest whilst waiting for the Mavic to arrive from Very!

Quick question; Does anyone know what I should do to have the Mavic before my eta of 15 January as I go on holiday on 13 January and really want to take the drone with me.

Thanks in advance :)

Cross fingers would be best option.
It's interesting resellers such as Maplins and Jessops keep getting small numbers for immediate delivery or even go and pick up.
Seems hard to believe they won't get production more up to speed through December.

Reactions: willhay555
Cross fingers would be best option.
It's interesting resellers such as Maplins and Jessops keep getting small numbers for immediate delivery or even go and pick up.
Seems hard to believe they won't get production more up to speed through December.

the entire fiasco seems hard to believe.. jessops and maplings plus many other dealers will have placed their orders with DJI long ago..

the fact they are just getting a few at random means very little other than DJI seem to be following the pattern of sending out tiny numbers in all directions.. the backlog of orders must be huge.. at a guess i would say 95% of pre-orders both to retailers and direct buyers have not been met..

whatever problems DJI have.. so far i dont see any sign of them going away..

trog

Last edited:
the entire fiasco seems hard to believe.. jessops and maplings plus many other dealers will have placed their orders with DJI long ago..

the fact they are just getting a few at random means very little other than DJI seem to be following the pattern of sending out tiny numbers in all directions.. the backlog of orders must be huge.. at a guess i would say 95% of pre-orders both to retailers and direct buyers have not been met..

whatever problems DJI have.. so far i dont see any sign of them going away..

trog

they still haven't posted out all of their own combo packs from the 29th September. That is less than 48 hours of orders. It's now nearly 2 months since then. your 95% guesstimate doesn't seem massively unlikely.

It is madness that it has come to having to go on wild goose chases around the country (UK and US) to try and find stock that randomly has ended up on shelves

Do DJI care though ?

They have a production line setup which can churn out a set number of Mavics. To increase that number will cost them a proportionate amount more to ramp up production. This wouldnt make them any more money than they do now per unit sold.

As it is, they could probably carry on as they are and the orderly queue would happily wait for 6 months maybe ? The people who are giving up waiting are just cancelling and perhaps buying a Phantom 4p anyway.. DJI really are laughing all the way to the bank..

possibly don't care, but they should as it's bad business. They are inadvertently creating a black market where, possibly 50% of the ones they do make are going to the wrong people, from the wrong places. My Mavic is an example of that.

Loyal DJI customers are still waiting, whilst randoms are going into shops and buying all the stock in the knowledge that they can make a profit (more profit than DJI themselves even make on the Mavic) by selling on to the now increasingly desperate customers.

It's poor businees, whichever way you look at it. Apple do not do this, and they are the only other company I can think of of the same scale and level of innovation. Much of this could be alleviated with a proper PR department. It's basic stuff.

Reactions: willhay555
possibly don't care, but they should as it's bad business. They are inadvertently creating a black market where, possibly 50% of the ones they do make are going to the wrong people, from the wrong places. My Mavic is an example of that.

Loyal DJI customers are still waiting, whilst randoms are going into shops and buying all the stock in the knowledge that they can make a profit (more profit than DJI themselves even make on the Mavic) by selling on to the now increasingly desperate customers.

It's poor businees, whichever way you look at it. Apple do not do this, and they are the only other company I can think of of the same scale and level of innovation. Much of this could be alleviated with a proper PR department. It's basic stuff.

You say apple don't do this ??

So why was there mavics being sold from one of there high street stores yesterday and no fulfilling pre-orders like myself whom ordered on the 27th September as soon as they became available on there website ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom