DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

I've just spoke to a large Uk company, and they have no information at all from DJI on when units will arrive.

He said they had a shipment of 10, then random shipments of 1 or 2. One day 4 came, but there has been no other sizeable deliveries.

Sounds about right. HeliGuy had 3 initially. Yesterday they got 15. Next week - who knows!

Backlogs are being cleared - though painfully slowly. Its good news - at least dealers are getting some.

I've had my Mavic since Monday - I ordered from Jessops. I have to say it's worth hanging in there, this is a lovely little craft and is very stable. Have only taken it out twice (once using the new DJI Go4 app) and it performs flawlessly. After a bit of fluffing about setting up gimbal sensitivity and a few other settings I prefer, the Mavic is an extremely easy quad to fly. The 'forward vision' sensors do seem to be more sensitive than on my P4, as are the ground sensors - everything seems to have an extra layer of security and safety. Overall, very pleased with it - am seriously considering selling the P4 as I wonder just how much I will use it. As they say, the best camera is the one you have with you and this thing will be with me on all my walks / journeys as it is so small and light.

Reactions: 4wd
As they say, the best camera is the one you have with you and this thing will be with me on all my walks / journeys as it is so small and light.

I agree - after a huge burst of use at the beginning my Phantom 3 only really got used on rare occasions.

I hike a lot and the size and weight - and my laziness - meant it got left behind. Much like my huge and heavy DLSR gets left behind in favour of my light weight mirrorless camera.

I had no plans to buy another drone till the Mavic came along!

I agree - after a huge burst of use at the beginning my Phantom 3 only really got used on rare occasions.

I hike a lot and the size and weight - and my laziness - meant it got left behind. Much like my huge and heavy DLSR gets left behind in favour of my light weight mirrorless camera.

I had no plans to buy another drone till he Mavic came along!

Exactly the same here. Mines currently undergoing surgery, but in the short time that I had it, even with a faulty gimbal, I could tell I made the right decision to jettison my dear old P3A in favour of this. It will fit in ANY bag more or less.
Driving me nuts not having it though.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Just to add some more info regarding CVP for all. I ordered a Mavic Only on the 27th September from CVP, around an hour and a half after DJI's announcement. I'm yet to receive my unit and on Monday I was told that there's no longer a guarantee that I will receive it before christmas. I was also told a while ago that my order was one of the first five for the fly less Mavic, so presumably they're only receiving Fly More Combos.

Reactions: DirkGently
Just to add some more info regarding CVP for all. I ordered a Mavic Only on the 27th September from CVP, around an hour and a half after DJI's announcement. I'm yet to receive my unit and on Monday I was told that there's no longer a guarantee that I will receive it before christmas. I was also told a while ago that my order was one of the first five for the fly less Mavic, so presumably they're only receiving Fly More Combos.

Thanks for the info. That's quite shocking - you couldn't have ordered much quicker and yet still waiting and could be until January. I'm suddenly feeling less cheerful!

no dealer has the fainest idea of when they are going to receive mavics in numbers commensurate with the outstanding orders they have..

you are now being told that there no guarantee you will receive it before christmas.. in truth there is no guarantee you will receive it in january ether.. the pattern is a simple one.. as each new date arrives it gets put back to another new date..

they say one definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.. the same thing in this mavic fiasco is putting any faith at all in the next future date that is pulled out the air and fed to you.. :)

some simple math should tell people just how huge the backlog of mavic pre-orders really is.. it should also tell people that the situation shows no sign of improving..

some time in the future the penny will drop.. it will be interesting to see what happens when it does.. he he

trog

The trouble is, apart from DJI's inept communication skills and low production numbers, this thing is so incredible and there is simply nothing that compares that people can switch over to so people will continue to wait until one of the aforementioned changes or their position in the waiting list comes up.. I've built and flown over 10 different multirotors plus had a Phantom 1 and nothing even gets close.
From yesterday:

DJI Mavic Pro Drone + Fly More Combo Pack

Been toying with the idea of ordering through the above site.

They had the fly more bundle priced at £1,135 the other day. Payments through SagePay.

On the product page they say they're expecting to recieve stock on the 11th, anyone else heard of Savvibuy? They're trading through Advanced Technologies UK

The key text is "We are expecting to receive stock...."

I'm expecting to be a millionaire by next year - but that doesn't mean it'll happen!

They are probably a perfectly fine retailer - but expecting is not the same as guaranteed.
I am aware of that word thanks...

Placed an order with Savvibuy, purchases through SagePay are secure and covered, also paid with Amex for double security. Came to £1,200 and then spoke to them on the phone. They confirmed they're recieving stock on the 11th and that it'll be delivered by the 16th. Obviously I'm still wary as I'm aware of how hard these things are to comeby. Will update when I have more info, wish me luck.....

the big thing here is even if their expectations do happen.. they receive a few mavics.. what they receive will not match the orders they have..

a few here and a few there is what is keeping the con alive..

trog

ps.. i do wish you luck but in truth what you wish for aint likely to happen.. :)

the big thing here is even if their expectations do happen.. they receive a few mavics.. what they receive will not match the orders they have..

a few here and a few there is what is keeping the con alive..

trog

ps.. i do wish you luck but in truth what you wish for aint likely to happen.. :)
I'm aware of that, they said if for some reason they can't guarantee it by christmas they're going to refund me, quietly confident but still overly doubtfull haha, cheers dude

Thanks for the info. That's quite shocking - you couldn't have ordered much quicker and yet still waiting and could be until January. I'm suddenly feeling less cheerful!

Yes, it seems like a case of bad luck, as I believe they've had multiple units of the fly more combo received. However I'm very used to the waiting game, I've had a Red Raven on order since early February, and I'm unlikely to receive that before February next year.

In the defence of CVP, they were about the only stockist who never has advertised any sort of 'available on' date in an attempt to coax more orders.

I'm aware of that, they said if for some reason they can't guarantee it by christmas they're going to refund me, quietly confident but still overly doubtfull haha, cheers dude

Take no notice of Trog, he's just regretting cancelling his![emoji12]

Reactions: Pedro
I see HeliGuy just fulfilled pre-order number 19. Which means....

"I am number 97 in the queue, please hold on, your drone is important to us....."

I could be just a month or so away from a new drone! Hopefully!

I see HeliGuy just fulfilled pre-order number 19. Which means....

"I am number 97 in the queue, please hold on, your drone is important to us....."

I could be just a month or so away from a new drone! Hopefully!

I'm number 90 and feeling the same way.....

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Exactly the same here. Mines currently undergoing surgery, but in the short time that I had it, even with a faulty gimbal, I could tell I made the right decision to jettison my dear old P3A in favour of this. It will fit in ANY bag more or less.
Driving me nuts not having it though.

What was the fault with your gimbal?

Mine has been repaired and is on its way back to me, arriving Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure