DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

He has been banned for a week lol.

My 22nd oct order is still waiting sadly, can pick up a P4P today at a local dealer so am struggling to hold on now tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Get both! Bugger the cost!
I'm currently very frustrated as I was one of the lucky ones and got mine relatively early, so I know first hand how good it is. However, it had a shuddering gimbal and an oof camera/sensor so sent it back to FPV/Drone Doctor for repair. They had it for 9 days before telling me they couldn't fix it, and it's now being sent to NL for either a replacement or repair. Lesson learnt - if yours develops an issue, don't send it back to the dealer as it's more than likely they won't be able to fix it and will create additional delay/frustration. Get it back to DJI direct - at least then you'll be expecting a long wait.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

He has been banned for a week lol.

My 22nd oct order is still waiting sadly, can pick up a P4P today at a local dealer so am struggling to hold on now tbh.

Noooo, you'll regret it!

Hang in there, you should get yours by April, when the buds are budding, the birds are singing and all is good with the world, the dark evenings have been banished and plenty of opportunities to fly.. :)

Did you add sales tax? Averages 7.5-9% on top.
Even if you add an above-average 10% to keep things simple, it still comes out at £865 for the US price. We're used to paying a little more in the UK for tech products compared to the US, but 27% more is enormous.

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
Even if you add an above-average 10% to keep things simple, it still comes out at £865 for the US price. We're used to paying a little more in the UK for tech products compared to the US, but 27% more is enormous.

Take off The difference in VAT and add in import duty.

Get both! Bugger the cost!
I'm currently very frustrated as I was one of the lucky ones and got mine relatively early, so I know first hand how good it is. However, it had a shuddering gimbal and an oof camera/sensor so sent it back to FPV/Drone Doctor for repair. They had it for 9 days before telling me they couldn't fix it, and it's now being sent to NL for either a replacement or repair. Lesson learnt - if yours develops an issue, don't send it back to the dealer as it's more than likely they won't be able to fix it and will create additional delay/frustration. Get it back to DJI direct - at least then you'll be expecting a long wait.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Useful info about the Gimbal issue.

Because its a radically new design for DJI there has been a lot more with issues than would be normal.

So in some ways I'm glad I didn't get one of the first - I'm hoping by the time mine arrives the issue will be resolved.

I also wonder if the gimbal issue is part of the reason they have been so delayed.

Got a text from from DHL with a delivery date, ordered my mavic only on October 22nd

Noooo, you'll regret it!

Hang in there, you should get yours by April, when the buds are budding, the birds are singing and all is good with the world, the dark evenings have been banished and plenty of opportunities to fly.. :)

...and by then we'll most likely be way closer to seeing a mavic pro 2 than it will be worth waiting for delivery of this model? At what point are people going to cut and run as the new model wont be far off by then i'm positive!

I orderded mine from Apple on Sep 28th and still have no end in sight and its really frustrating hearing stories that you can walk into a back water yokal apple store in the outer reaches of Canada to pick one up in person etc. If after taking delivery of mine a new one came out in 4 months i'd be more than pissed. And I know, I know we shouldnt wait for the new version of anything as the current one out now fits the bill yadda yadda yadda, screw that.. if I'd been using my mavic for the last few months like everyone else I wouldnt care about another coming out at the same price but seriously, who pays the same ammount for a product in April thats imminantly due to be replaced?

...and by then we'll most likely be way closer to seeing a mavic pro 2 than it will be worth waiting for delivery of this model? At what point are people going to cut and run as the new model wont be far off by then i'm positive!

I orderded mine from Apple on Sep 28th and still have no end in sight and its really frustrating hearing stories that you can walk into a back water yokal apple store in the outer reaches of Canada to pick one up in person etc. If after taking delivery of mine a new one came out in 4 months i'd be more than pissed. And I know, I know we shouldnt wait for the new version of anything as the current one out now fits the bill yadda yadda yadda, screw that.. if I'd been using my mavic for the last few months like everyone else I wouldnt care about another coming out at the same price but seriously, who pays the same ammount for a product in April thats imminantly due to be replaced?

Aaah, the old unfounded Mavic 2 conspiracy theory again.. :)

Did people see that visitors to the DJI stand at the UK Drone Show last weekend had the opportunity to just rock up and buy one of 20 Mavics that they had sitting there for sale.. Scandalous imo, terrible customer relations.

I just contacted HeliGuy and sadly it doesn't look like they will get any Mavics this week. They are going to try and contact DJI to find out why such small numbers to them compared to other dealers.

I'm feeling very depressed by this news - I'd really hoped they would start to get decent batches arrive - at this rate its going to take a very, very long time before my HeliGuy order from early Oct is dispatched.

I just contacted HeliGuy and sadly it doesn't look like they will get any Mavics this week. They are going to try and contact DJI to find out why such small numbers to them compared to other dealers.

I'm feeling very depressed by this news - I'd really hoped they would start to get decent batches arrive - at this rate its going to take a very, very long time before my HeliGuy order from early Oct is dispatched.

Did they say how many they had already shipped? Just wondering how far along (towards my order number) they have got.

Did they say how many they had already shipped? Just wondering how far along (towards my order number) they have got.

As far as I can tell from previous emails/calls with them they have had somewhere between 15 and 20 so far. 3 a couple of weeks ago and somewhere between 12 - 15 last week.

As an average over 3 weeks that's 5 a week. For me at best it means my Mavic will be here roughly April/May - but no guarantee!

I'd really hope they were going to say "Great news - we got 50 this week"

I placed my order 29th September with Heliguy. I'm a bit surprised to hear that they are going to try to contact DJI ... surely as one of the main dealers they would have been doing this for at least one month. Are they just sitting there and taking it. If I were Heliguy I would be demanding answers and the reasoning behind other dealers like Jessops having seemingly large deliveries.

According to the email they are going to try and contact DJI's top guy for an explanation.

Why DJI have sidelined Heliguy I don't know. I really thought as a big UK dealer they would be a higher not lower priority.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock