DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

DJI seem pretty confident on timings - compared with a month ago when it was ships sometime in the Spring!

Light, tunnel, end of comes to mind.

Email from DJI
546fe7eea80ee6397abd810f60574972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

BTW HeliGuy are getting 2 in stock in the spring - could be 3....[/QUOTE]

It's TRUE!!
Heliguy confirms they will get two Mavics by April and a spare set of propellers by June/July.

Apparently, the bloke who forgot to press send on their original Mavic order back in September is now in charge of making the tea.
Heliguy are also recruiting and want to hear from anyone who has ever been near a Maplins store so they can tap your inside knowledge.

BTW HeliGuy are getting 2 in stock in the spring - could be 3....

It's TRUE!!
Heliguy confirms they will get two Mavics by April and a spare set of propellers by June/July.

Apparently, the bloke who forgot to press send on their original Mavic order back in September is now in charge of making the tea.
Heliguy are also recruiting and want to hear from anyone who has ever been near a Maplins store so they can tap your inside knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots[/QUOTE]

If this wasn't actually true it would be funny...........

Reactions: malcolmhire
I just had a call from ModelSport - they have now got a few come in stock - at least briefly. I was on their "Email when back in stock list" but had forgotten all about them.

Anyway it feels like DJI were busy over Xmas and stocks are starting to arrive

I ordered my mavic pro from RCGeeks in early October. I ordered the fly more combo and I'm still waiting to hear a delivery date. It then becomes a big smack in the face when I get a message from DJI that if I order today I will get it by the 18th Jan.
This makes me think where is my drone and has RCGeeks resold mine on eBay for double the price. Or is DJI so inept that not only have they pi$$ed there loyal fans with this mess that they want to pi$$ everyone else off who have just found out about the Mavic Pro by promising to deliver by the 18th only to miss that date by trying to complete there back orders.

Well I'm almost embarrased to write this.. waited 3 months and 15 days for Drones Direct to full fill my flymore package.. I thought stuff it and cancelled and got my money back.. thought I would just fly my P4 till spring......... then a quirk of fate happened.. my friend sold his P4 on Gumtree and had so many people wanting one, that he put me in touch with a perspective buyer.. well he was desperate and wanted it that night... Sold it at a good price too
Next day I read a post on this forum from Alex saying one in stock at Carmarthen cameras.. rang them paid for it and it arrived yesterday with two extra batteries, at the proper price.. had its first flight this afternoon in back garden

It will be worth the wait.. trust me... I was just a lucky sod this time.. they are out there somewhere

Reactions: Alex Miller
Well I'm almost embarrased to write this.. waited 3 months and 15 days for Drones Direct to full fill my flymore package.. I thought stuff it and cancelled and got my money back.. thought I would just fly my P4 till spring......... then a quirk of fate happened.. my friend sold his P4 on Gumtree and had so many people wanting one, that he put me in touch with a perspective buyer.. well he was desperate and wanted it that night... Sold it at a good price too
Next day I read a post on this forum from Alex saying one in stock at Carmarthen cameras.. rang them paid for it and it arrived yesterday with two extra batteries, at the proper price.. had its first flight this afternoon in back garden

It will be worth the wait.. trust me... I was just a lucky sod this time.. they are out there somewhere
The guy being desperate makes your profiteering absolutely fine.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

I ordered my mavic pro from RCGeeks in early October. I ordered the fly more combo and I'm still waiting to hear a delivery date. It then becomes a big smack in the face when I get a message from DJI that if I order today I will get it by the 18th Jan.
This makes me think where is my drone and has RCGeeks resold mine on eBay for double the price. Or is DJI so inept that not only have they pi$$ed there loyal fans with this mess that they want to pi$$ everyone else off who have just found out about the Mavic Pro by promising to deliver by the 18th only to miss that date by trying to complete there back orders.
Those of us that ordered pre-price increase are getting ****** by dji.

I bet we don't get them.

Those of us that ordered pre-price increase are getting ****** by dji.

I bet we don't get them.

You have to wonder! £1247 for the fly more from Drones Direct with date of 22/11/2016 then 16/12/2016 then just no stock and no real answers from there help desk. I bet we wait ages for nothing then the only way we get them is if we pay the price after the rise. :(

But I keep seeing that its worth the wait! Lets hope so!!!!

I ordered from RCGeeks on the 19th December, sent them an email and they are aiming to fulfill all pre-orders by the end of January.

The guy being desperate makes your profiteering absolutely fine.

I don't really think selling a second-hand P4 is profiteering. I'm sure the price was still below the RRP as most stores have stock for a new P4. I think the good price would more likely be one at which he felt he wasn't losing too much, rather than the actual profiteering that we've seen on eBay with the Mavic. His point was more that luck was on his side, not that he had screwed someone over.

I don't really think selling a second-hand P4 is profiteering. I'm sure the price was still below the RRP as most stores have stock for a new P4. I think the good price would more likely be one at which he felt he wasn't losing too much, rather than the actual profiteering that we've seen on eBay with the Mavic. His point was more that luck was on his side, not that he had screwed someone over.

It was a fair price with 4 batteries a set of ND filters 800 sobs

So... just been on Chat Support with an Amazon rep who just gave me the following information (when I questioned about my 27th October Fly Less order)...

He said they are getting stock in on 8th and 10th January (not sure for fly more / fly less) and that this "should be enough to fulfil all pending orders". I tried to be as specific as possible pointing out that there were likely hundreds or thousands of outstanding orders, but who knows... maybe this is accurate... Should know by next week.

This is more specific than I had from Amazon when speaking to them a month or so back... so hopefully theres some truth in it!

Transcript:

01:24 AM GMT XXXXXX: And I am happy to inform you that we are expecting the item to be back in stock on or before 10th January 2017.
01:24 AM GMT ME: cool.. do you know if that will be enough to fulfull the back-orders?
e.g. do you think you will have enough stock to dispatch to me around then?
01:24 AM GMT XXXXXX: I also see that another stock is going to be with us on 8th January.
01:25 AM GMT XXXXXX: I am confident your order will be dispatched in the coming stock.
01:25 AM GMT ME: ok cool - are you able to advise roughly where i am in the queue?
01:26 AM GMT XXXXXX: I am sorry I do not have the information the regarding the dispatch of your order.
01:27 AM GMT XXXXXX: According to my experience your order will be delivered in the first wave.
As you have ordered it in October.
01:27 AM GMT ME: OK - because I think that there will have been thousands of people who ordered before me... so just am not 100% convinced that your stock this week will be enough to cover
01:28 AM GMT XXXXXX: Please don't worry Matthew you'll receive the item very soon.
01:28 AM GMT ME: I go on holliday v soon
do you know how many stock items you are receiving this week?
01:29 AM GMT ME: or next week
01:29 AM GMT XXXXXX: The number of items which are getting back in stock would be enough to fulfill all the pending orders :)
01:30 AM GMT ME: ok that sounds positive - fingers crossed then!

Update on Maplin:
I went into a store yesterday and had a check on the system with a member of staff.
They have 1399 Mavics on order and around 150 back orders to fulfill.
They are expecting a delivery of 5! Yes 5 combo's today and 5 non combos on Monday! No further delivery information after that!

Reactions: haelio
Following the email from DJI, I've ordered a Fly More Mavic Pro, let's see if it does ship before the 18th January.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman