DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Update on Maplin:
I went into a store yesterday and had a check on the system with a member of staff.
They have 1399 Mavics on order and around 150 back orders to fulfill.
They are expecting a delivery of 5! Yes 5 combo's today and 5 non combos on Monday! No further delivery information after that!

I have also had these Maplin delivery numbers confirmed this morning.
I've now cancelled the order with Maplin and ordered direct with DJI in light of their updated shipping times.

As the Mavic Pro availability problems appear to be disappearing, has anyone heard anything about Jessops getting through their backlog of orders? I ordered the Fly More pack, extra propellers and battery (which in hindsight not convinced I really needed) at pre-price-rise rates on 15th Nov, so didn't have high hopes of a speedy delivery but seeing all the recent order activity on here, it suddenly doesn't feel as far away as I thought :)

On a semi-related note, seeing all the YouTube videos and posts about camera/gimbal quality problems tempted me to cancel and wait for version 2, presumably later in the year but with delivery seemingly so close, I think I'll stick with my current order. I'm hoping that DJI's production has matured and these issues are starting to get ironed out. I know it'll all be anecdotal and those who have them have probably now abandoned the thread but are the known issues starting to improve with time?

As the Mavic Pro availability problems appear to be disappearing, has anyone heard anything about Jessops getting through their backlog of orders? I ordered the Fly More pack, extra propellers and battery (which in hindsight not convinced I really needed) at pre-price-rise rates on 15th Nov, so didn't have high hopes of a speedy delivery but seeing all the recent order activity on here, it suddenly doesn't feel as far away as I thought :)

On a semi-related note, seeing all the YouTube videos and posts about camera/gimbal quality problems tempted me to cancel and wait for version 2, presumably later in the year but with delivery seemingly so close, I think I'll stick with my current order. I'm hoping that DJI's production has matured and these issues are starting to get ironed out. I know it'll all be anecdotal and those who have them have probably now abandoned the thread but are the known issues starting to improve with time?

I'll comment when I get my replacement on Monday. My Mavic had really bad soft focus issues on one side and started developing jello.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have also had these Maplin delivery numbers confirmed this morning.
I've now cancelled the order with Maplin and ordered direct with DJI in light of their updated shipping times.

I've just done the same. I called Maplin and my queue position hasn't changed but they said they have 130 ish on back order, but they couldn't confirm how many they will be able to satisfy this month.... they would 'hope' mine would be one.

Order cancelled and DJI order has now progressed to 'Shipped', but no payment taken yet or tracking details issued

Reactions: xpower180
I'll comment when I get my replacement on Monday. My Mavic had really bad soft focus issues on one side and started developing jello.

Thank you - that'll be greatly appreciated. It would be nice to think the DJI delays were because quality issues had to be tackled properly and they're now knocking out rock solid perfect versions. Here's hoping..

Hard to know if the issues are fixed - I suspect not. Mine arrived late December with gimbal issues.

My lens was good so I'm hoping the replacement lens doesn't have the issues others have seen.

DJI fixed the gimbal issue free of charge but it does mean hassle and a 2 week wait while they fix it.

I suspect DJI will be learning big time from the Mavic v1 and the Mavic v2 will be much improved.

After all it was a radical new design - the Phantom series has been building on the same basic design for a few years - just improving the internals and refining the housing not radically changing it.

But when will Mavic v2 arrive - do you really want to wait what might be another year? I know I don't!

Who knows what the rules of drone ownership will be in a years time. If the EU gets its way it'll be so restricted to make them useless except for selfie drones.

Get flying now while you can!

Reactions: Gadger
I've just cancelled my Maplin order also. I was third on the waiting list for a Combo. Lady on the phone said no earlier than 16th Jan before they get any more and no guarantees then either. Once they've got some in, they will ship out.

Ordered from DJI direct instead...

Cheers mate, well spotted. Just ordered and is being delivered tomorrow:)
I've just placed an order from ModelSport too, so many thanks for the link!

Out of interest, how did you know that it would be delivered tomorrow? Was it mentioned in your order acceptance email?

I've just placed an order from ModelSport too, so many thanks for the link!

Out of interest, how did you know that it would be delivered tomorrow? Was it mentioned in your order acceptance email?

I paid the extra £12 for saturday delivery otherwise it would have been Monday. I am back to work Monday and desperate to fly after 2 weeks off work.

Looks like the Maplins bubble has burst. They have took the Mavic down from the website again.

Reactions: haelio
What a crazy day....
It started with an existing Maplin order which was cancelled in favour of going through DJI directly, then the heads up for Modelsport!
My Mavic will be with me on Monday [emoji106]
Now to make sure I get my refund from DJI
....aaaand breathe lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha, cool!

Thanks for the heads up, Pedro. I have an order with ModelSport now that will be delivered on Monday (or tomorrow if I'm super lucky). After getting royally shafted by Amazon and receiving a P3S just a day before going on a 2 week holiday this is a nice change of luck...

If anyone else ordered from ModelSport while it was listed as 'In Stock' on their website and then received an email with the following:

Affected items on order W57*****:
Item Sku Qty Items Status
DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter Drone DJIMP 1 BackOrder

don't worry. I just called them up and my order was already packaged up and awaiting pickup by their delivery people. It appears that their mail system pulls the current status from their stock system when sending out this email rather than the status at the point the order was placed, resulting in it stating 'BackOrder'.

The guy on the line mentioned that the stock they put up today was snapped up extremely quickly :)

I ordered my Mavic and a spare battery from Jessops on the 6th October and was told that there were around 200 back orders at that time. I received an email, on Thursday, saying that I was in the top 30% of the waiting list (they refused to give accurate details saying that they were "not always 100% accurate"). When pressed they admitted that they still had around 700 back orders to satisfy. The fact that they chose 30% suggests that I'm probably at the back end of a queue of 233 when I started at 200. I realise that there are different packages but still!

My paranoid side suggests that people with 0% finance in place are less likely to cancel than people paying cash (Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that the world isn't out to get you)

Reactions: Matt74
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev