DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Disconnects and Motors Shut Off (VIDEO)

THis is very serious..reason why DJI washed their hands on this one..I see ESC error, I think someone mentioned failsafe somewhere but if this is the case, wow thats drastic failsafe. Probably in the mindset if there is a overall failure in one or more of the ESC, to safe the Mavic or parts , its shuts down so it doesnt burn out a ESC or something else..but stupid because you would be flying..makes no sense...Its defective no doubt and wish you the best of luck with DJI but the recommendation to send this in with the video... remember DJI sent this back to you this way, they are liable , either they fix it ,if they did not mention anywhere not to fly the MAVIC, they are liable as they sent it back to you..

Reactions: WizDrone
I flew a local pilots Mavic and his displayed the same error but rather than dropping it would land
I could not get more than eye level before it would land with the same error but

Seems strange DJI would not be curious to find the fault

Thank you all for your concern and support (on Facebook, MavicPilots, and DJI Forums). The Mavic is now in the hands of DJI repair.

I've heard too many of these stories from other Mavic pilots, but it's easy to dismiss it as some small, rare phenomena until it happens to you. And it's one thing for technology to fail, but it's another to have the company give you the runaround and not honor their warranty to its customers.

I hope they do right by their part and fix this. I will keep you all updated.

Updates continued at DJI Forums:
Mavic Falls out of Sky (VIDEO)

The video is really scary. I saw it when it came out publicly 2 days ago. I am late to the party, somehow I missed seeing the thread, It's great that Budwalker and Cyberpower took a look at the Log file and at least found some reason behind it happening.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: BigEegit
Crazy Scary Video

Did the problem start occurring shortly after your purchase or did you get to use it a couple of months prior. The reason I ask is that electronics generally have a burn in period (when sh** hits the fan).

Crazy Scary Video

Did the problem start occurring shortly after your purchase or did you get to use it a couple of months prior. The reason I ask is that electronics generally have a burn in period (when sh** hits the fan).

It happened a few months after owning it. I only had about 50 or so total flights.

Well,did the replacement fly correctly?

Reactions: Sew
Well,did the replacement fly correctly?

I haven't had the chance to test it yet, though I sure hope DJI did before sending it to me! I'll test it over the weekend and have everything recorded. Seems that's the only way to cover yourself from being blamed with "user error."

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I haven't had the chance to test it yet, though I sure hope DJI did before sending it to me! I'll test it over the weekend and have everything recorded. Seems that's the only way to cover yourself from being blamed with "user error."
Post your results,if you can,Roy!

Nine days later and no updates? So how does the replacement fly?

I have to confess that I have not had the chance to fly the replacement yet, as much as I want to. But to be honest, I'm not sure why there is much interest in how the replacement Mavic flies. It is a completely different serial number Mavic, so it is unlikely that it will encounter the same issue. Worst luck if it did! The concern should be focused more on why the original one had the problem to begin with, and what caused that problem, which DJI has decided to keep quiet about. Either way, hopefully I will finally be able to fly this weekend. I know many people are following this post, so I won't update unless it's something useful. Thank you for the following.

Reactions: peros550
I have to confess that I have not had the chance to fly the replacement yet, as much as I want to. But to be honest, I'm not sure why there is much interest in how the replacement Mavic flies. It is a completely different serial number Mavic, so it is unlikely that it will encounter the same issue. Worst luck if it did! The concern should be focused more on why the original one had the problem to begin with, and what caused that problem, which DJI has decided to keep quiet about. Either way, hopefully I will finally be able to fly this weekend. I know many people are following this post, so I won't update unless it's something useful. Thank you for the following.
I agree with you; my Mavic's flying fine even after a few mods to remove shackles and upgrade/downgrade cycles the last few days - I was just curious after running across this thread.

It would be nice to know what happened, but I doubt DJI will follow up with any sort of report. Happy flying!

Reactions: MrsTreat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S