DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Experts - DHP Operation

Phoenix Drone

Reactions
I have searched the users manuals, forums, and YouTube and have not found answers to these questions.

I drive up to 8-10 miles through the desert with M2P in active track. I fly until it wants to return to home (which is usually very close) and manually land. If I ever left it behind due to my speed or I had to give full attention to the trail, and accidentally lost total contact, The drone would initiate the RTH function. Of course, I want the drone to land where I am now.

Dynamic Home Point in the DJI 4 App seems to have changed over updates. The option does not appear in setup below the two home-point icons (takeoff and person).

1. If I use the home icon with the person (the second icon in setup), do I need to constantly hit this to reset my home-point?
2. How do I get the voice prompt that keeps saying "home-point updated" as I have seen in videos? I need to focus on driving and have this done automatically.

Thanks, Greg

1. If I use the home icon with the person (the second icon in setup), do I need to constantly hit this to reset my home-point?
2. How do I get the voice prompt that keeps saying "home-point updated" as I have seen in videos? I need to focus on driving and have this done automatically.
You don't have to update the home point constantly.
What you have to do is update it often enough that the drone doesn't think it's home point is 5 miles back and initiate RTH because it only has enough battery to just get back there.
Updating every 3/4 of a mile or so should be sufficient.

PS DJI Go 4 has never had dynamic home point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk