DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic found in Sydney inner west

Frentolon

Reactions
Hi

We found a drone in our backyard in inner west Sydney. Mavic Pro. The power pack is dead and we can’t charge it.

If it is yours please provide your email address in response and I will email you. Will ask for approx gps location to confirm it is yours.

Regards

Martin

Can you/Have you checked for any identification under the battery? The microSD card slot is under a cover on the right side of the body, you may be able to find a clue to who the owner is there...

Last edited:
Hi

We found a drone in our backyard in inner west Sydney. Mavic Pro. The power pack is dead and we can’t charge it.

If it is yours please provide your email address in response and I will email you. Will ask for approx gps location to confirm it is yours.

Regards

Martin
Good on you for taking the trouble to join on here to try and find it's owner, yeah as the other chap said the serial number is underneath the battery, you will probably find any footage on the sd card will be unreadable because if the camera is not shut off via the remote or App it doesn't finalise the video file, but any stills will be on there and readable, DJI may be able to help you or try somewhere like Camzila they sell them and are authorised, repairers - Camzilla

Reactions: ZUCSTA
you will probably find any footage on the sd card will be unreadable because if the camera is not shut off via the remote or App it doesn't finalise the video file

I've shut the drone down a number of times while it was still recording and it always saved the file just fine..

I've shut the drone down a number of times while it was still recording and it always saved the file just fine..
I think you will find that's because you have shut it down through the system but if it just stops due to a crash or battery running flat then there is no "shut down" per se

Hi all

Thanks for the replies and info, I know nothing about drones.

There are a series of numbers on the underside of the battery and also below the battery in the main unit.

There appears to be a QR code on the battery but too small for the reader to capture (too blurry at that size in an iPhone 6) but there is an identifiable series of numbers and letters

Which is the unique identifier for the unit? And would the best thing to do be provide the to Mavic and see if the owner has registered the unit?

Thanks

Hi

Regards

Martin
Hey Martin, You're a bloody legend mate. Going out of your way to find the owner is awesome. What you are doing should be the norm but in this day and age its a rarity. Good karma......all the best.

Hi Frentolon, i`ve lost my DJI Mavic Drone in Sydney in the evening of the 15. Oktober 2017 .... suddenly there was no connection and the drone was fly away.
So perhaps it could be mine. I`m from Germany and perhaps we can check the serial N° , GPS or something on the sd card to confimr that it is my drone ?
my mail adress is: [email protected]

thank`s a lot !!

Mario

It could be so easy for finders to know about the owner if everyone would put a plate with his name and contact data onto his drones...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi