DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gets buggier with each new flight

Well it has happened again. In the spirit of keeping all my issues in one place, here is today's update on this lemon.

I popped it up to 400' as always (same flight path every day) and noticed the image was blurry and would not autofocus (on distant trees). Notice below, blurry image, gimbal error (no reason for the overload) and forward radar claims something at 18 feet...and there is nothing. Also my altitude is almost 400'....not 0 as indicated.

37078918886_eeb2bfcaea_b.jpg

Kept playing with the tap to focus. As soon as it would focus and beep, the image would go totally blurry again. I then noticed the drone was hovering but SPINNING! No input, sticks were centered. Just spinning. I took some video.

Unsure of how to land it, I started descending slowly and eventually it snapped out of it and flew straight. I landed it and restarted everything.

Took off again, took some images over the location I was flying to. Received a "Battery Discharge over-current" error. 76% on battery.

36871331330_6c1486eb36_b.jpg

Suddenly, my horizon was really off (I thought the drone was flying sideways). If I used the right stick in the opposite direction, the image would straighten. But the second I let go, it returned to severely crooked. Hence why I thought it was a flight issue. RPMs were good, no errors. Started to get more "Gimbal overloaded" errors. Took it out of Sport mode for the long flight back, but landed it ok. When I inspected the gimbal (w/o landing it), it looked just fine. Here is video.

36871309800_4723f9940f_b.jpg

I am going to return this POS.

Scott

Reactions: Masheen
Call me crazy, but if my mavic was acting up with all kinds of different issues; disconnecting unexpectedly, spinning in circles with no input, and doing other strange, unpredictable things, I wouldn't be flying it 400 feet up and half a mile away until I figured out the problem(s).

But that's just me.

Call me crazy, but if my mavic was acting up with all kinds of different issues; disconnecting unexpectedly, spinning in circles with no input, and doing other strange, unpredictable things, I wouldn't be flying it 400 feet up and half a mile away until I figured out the problem(s).

But that's just me.

Honestly this thing is so messed up, I fly it just to see what each new day will bring.

Wow, you are almost having the full range of issues.

DJI will help you thoroughly by making sure you calibrate the tits off it before they buckle and send you someone elses problem drone that has been *refurbed*.

Yeah that sounds *awesome.* . Has anyone had any luck requiring a new item to be returned and not a refurb?

Well it has happened again. In the spirit of keeping all my issues in one place, here is today's update on this lemon.

I popped it up to 400' as always (same flight path every day) and noticed the image was blurry and would not autofocus (on distant trees). Notice below, blurry image, gimbal error (no reason for the overload) and forward radar claims something at 18 feet...and there is nothing. Also my altitude is almost 400'....not 0 as indicated.

37078918886_eeb2bfcaea_b.jpg

Kept playing with the tap to focus. As soon as it would focus and beep, the image would go totally blurry again. I then noticed the drone was hovering but SPINNING! No input, sticks were centered. Just spinning. I took some video.

Unsure of how to land it, I started descending slowly and eventually it snapped out of it and flew straight. I landed it and restarted everything.

Took off again, took some images over the location I was flying to. Received a "Battery Discharge over-current" error. 76% on battery.

36871331330_6c1486eb36_b.jpg

Suddenly, my horizon was really off (I thought the drone was flying sideways). If I used the right stick in the opposite direction, the image would straighten. But the second I let go, it returned to severely crooked. Hence why I thought it was a flight issue. RPMs were good, no errors. Started to get more "Gimbal overloaded" errors. Took it out of Sport mode for the long flight back, but landed it ok. When I inspected the gimbal (w/o landing it), it looked just fine. Here is video.

36871309800_4723f9940f_b.jpg

I am going to return this POS.

Scott

I'm sure you have, but have you done a Gimbal Calibration?

Reactions: scottmphoto
Just return it from where you bought it from. Sounds like you have a problem child on your hands.

Reactions: scottmphoto
Tonight was a fun flight! Hang on to your seats. Could barely land it! 1052 warnings in a 4m 36s flight!

37186821072_73a73dfec0_o.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi