DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes into auto land mode when i decrease altitude and it refuses to return home. It starts to increase altitude and will not be controlled. Help

Sierraoaks

Reactions
Mavic goes into auto land mode when i decrease altitude and it refuses to return home. It starts to increase altitude and will not be controlled. Help

Is this happening right now? I'm guessing the best thing to do is try to activate return to home. Otherwise, try to get it to land safely.

As I continue to try to come back, the mavic continues to gain alt and barley responding to controls. I was only about 300 yards away and would not stop gaing alt, it stopped at 1300'.
As I kept pushing down to lower alt I was continuing to try and fly back.
This all started at 68% battery
Finally landed at 3% left.

This all started at 68% battery
Finally landed at 3% left.

Phew, got it back !
Got to find the cause of course.

As @sar104 posted above, post your flight log for analysis, easy to do . . .

Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Go to section 3, get the TXT file for the flight, either attach it in reply, or upload to phantomhelp site, get the report, then post up the link to that report.

What Mavic drone? How do you have your FlyApp set up. Going up to 1,300 ft is quite odd as typical height limitation on any DJI drone is 400 foot AGL. What version of FlyApp are you running? What was / is your flying environment?

Many more questions since you provided a little info. Logs would be great for the folks here to have a look see as well.

... the mavic continues to gain alt and barely responding to controls. I was only about 300 yards away and would not stop gaining alt, it stopped at 1300'.
What is your RTH altitude configured to?

This all sounds very similar to the incident you described back in Feb 2020 in this previous post. 🤔

Wow, really glad you got it back.
Try deleting the app 100%, then reinstall it.
Look for any update on your DJI phone/drone hookup.
Do a EMU to the controller and calibration on the drone.
Redo all you settings again, especially altitude.
After that the next flight should be a nail bitter.
Let us know how you do & good luck!

Is this happening right now? I'm guessing the best thing to do is try to activate return to home. Otherwise, try to get it to land safely.
It goes into auto land when I reduce alt. It then immediately starts upward. My auto land alt setting is 100', last time it went to over 1000' as I held down the stick.

It goes into auto land when I reduce alt. It then immediately starts upward. My auto land alt setting is 100', last time it went to over 1000' as I held down the stick.

Have you tried finding that flight log ?
As per post #5 above.

No one can give you a reasonable explanation without doing this and posting the txt file or phantomhelp link.

Wow, really glad you got it back.
Try deleting the app 100%, then reinstall it.
Look for any update on your DJI phone/drone hookup.
Do a EMU to the controller and calibration on the drone.
Redo all you settings again, especially altitude.
After that the next flight should be a nail bitter.
Let us know how you do & good luck!
This is bad advice.
Most or all of it would do nothing to address the issue.
As always, the solution is to identify the cause of the incident first and then take appropriate action that will solve the problem.

The way to identify the cause of the issue is to post the recorded flight data.

Reactions: Bebopperoo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter