DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic + Goggles... better than real flying!

Gary Fisher

Reactions
I flew two-seat Powered Parachutes for years, but gave it up when the price, risk, limitations and inconvenience got to be too much. Now, at age 66, I got my first drone (MP + Goggles) and I'm loving it.

Yesterday, I explored an area I could never have flown in for real, let alone hover close to my subjects. Then, as an experiment, I flew my last battery while sitting in my idling car to see if the signal would be strong enough.

I just faced the car so I'd have line of sight toward the area I wanted to explore, and set my Mavic to hover if it lost signal. I figured if I lost my connection, I could just get out of the car and I'd be able to reconnect. But both the controller and the goggles had a strong signal the whole flight.

My hybrid car only runs as needed, and the goggles were so immersive that when the engine kicked on unexpectedly, it scared me momentarily... like when I used to hit bumpy air.

Now I'll be able to fly when the weather is too hot or cold, or the mosquitoes are biting. And I can sit in comfort while avoiding looking funny in the goggles. Life is good!

Reactions: GavLin89
Yep, the Mavic/Goggles combination will be the best ever FPV experience, and the one I've been trying to achieve for many years and much more money. Which is why every day that passes without my day one Goggles order being delivered let alone shipped is driving me increasingly crazy :mad:

The closest real-life thing to what you can do in FPV is indeed powered paraglider, but even though I did start training and did a couple of flights it was too klunky for me. I'll rather stay with FPV that's simpler, less dangerous and allows for even more fun things. Been flying FPV since 2003.

Very cool. I might test these goggles out. A new DJI store is opening close to me next week and they are having a giveaway of the goggles and spark. Hopefully I just win it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayakin2