DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic hit by trike in philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Philippine kids like it when I fly around them. They come over to me, and watch the video, and are laughing when I fly close to their friends. If I start to fly away, they tell me to bring it back. The only thing they don't like, is when it blows up dirt into their eyes.
What they also won’t like is a 600rpm spinning prop in their eyes, believe me, the blown dirt will be the least of their worries. ‘You’ need to be in charge of flying ‘safely’ not entertaining kids who don’t know any better!
I guess they also play chicken in front of speeding cars, until they are dead!

What they also won’t like is a 600rpm spinning prop in their eyes, believe me, the blown dirt will be the least of their worries. ‘You’ need to be in charge of flying ‘safely’ not entertaining kids who don’t know any better!
I guess they also play chicken in front of speeding cars, until they are dead!
I got hit by mavic's spinning props and wasn't cut at all. That's because they have no mass. If they were like spinning knives do u think drones would be allowed.

How would you have felt if the guy on the trike swerved to avoid the drone and got smashed by a vehicle coming the other way?
It's unbelievable that anyone would think flying like that, in that kind of environment is even close to being a good idea.

How would you have felt if the guy on the trike swerved to avoid the drone and got smashed by a vehicle coming the other way?
It's unbelievable that anyone would think flying like that, in that kind of environment is even close to being a good idea.
He did not have to swerve at all because I moved away from him. He actually did swerve to hit me.
The mavic is capable of flying like that safely. That's what tripod mode is for.

I was flying my Mavic near my house in the Philippines. . I was crossing the street at low altitude, 3 feet, in tripod mode. I saw a
trike. motorcycle with a sidecard, coming toward me. I turned sharper so I would cross the street faster.
I wasn't really worried because he could avoid me easily, but to my shock he hit my mavic. I was only
sitting around 50 feet away. It spun around and I lost control of it. It happed so fast, I don't remember exactly
what happed after the collision. My Mavic came toward me. I couldn't land it, and it ended up hitting me
and crashing to the ground. I wasn't hurt at all even though the propellers hit me while spinning.
I couldn't see any obvious damage to the mavic, but one of the arms had folded up. That's why I
couldn't control it after the crash. I've flown it 5 or 6 times since. There is no obvious sign of damage, but
who knows what subtle damage could of been to the gimbal assembly. It might now show up right away.
Unfortunately, you can't tell from the video if he hit me intentionally. The camera wasn't pointed at him.
But I highly suspect that it was intentional. These trike drivers have bad reputations. I've seen them run over
dogs intentionally, and they always cut off pedestrians. I'm sure he saw it and could of avoided it if he wanted
to.
I guess I learned my lesson, to watch out for them, and to fly higher over streets. Steve

Why blame the trike driver. Blame should be on the pilot. Flying low and with bystanders all over.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Actually, the Philippine kids like it when I fly around them. They come over to me, and watch the video, and are laughing when I fly close to their friends. If I start to fly away, they tell me to bring it back. The only thing they don't like, is when it blows up dirt into their eyes.
No excuses. You shoukd know the rules in flying drone. Dont blame others for your fault. As per your vids shows

I don't know why the OP has resurrected this more than two year old thread. Mods, just lock it and end it. There is nothing new and I can see this thing going off the rails pretty quickly. Fly safely and fly smartly folks!

I got hit by mavic's spinning props and wasn't cut at all. That's because they have no mass. If they were like spinning knives do u think drones would be allowed.
Clearly you are as uneducated about what ‘mass’ is as you are about drone safety around people.
Mods, please end this thread, reported accordingly!

Drones DO CUT

Not sure why you brought this back up after 2 years but it is over now.Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom