DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Hyperlight?

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
So I am thinking about building a super bright light from two or three 1/4 inch led chips, I want them to be small and light enough to minimize weight while provide enough light to light up everything in front, enough that the forward sensors will work at night. Each led is i think 800 lumen and i am thinking about adding three 1/4 inch sized or one 1 inch led which has a 2500 lumen. The heat sinks wont be much weight.

My inspiration comes from the mavic enterprise light that i will never be able to afford, but with today's tech, and a little improvisation I should be able to put some kind of practical super bright light on it.

You guys have any idea on how I might build a light to geniously attach to my mavic while providing anything from 2000-3500 lumen?

So I am thinking about building a super bright light from two or three 1/4 inch led chips, I want them to be small and light enough to minimize weight while provide enough light to light up everything in front, enough that the forward sensors will work at night. Each led is i think 800 lumen and i am thinking about adding three 1/4 inch sized or one 1 inch led which has a 2500 lumen. The heat sinks wont be much weight.

My inspiration comes from the mavic enterprise light that i will never be able to afford, but with today's tech, and a little improvisation I should be able to put some kind of practical super bright light on it.

You guys have any idea on how I might build a light to geniously attach to my mavic while providing anything from 2000-3500 lumen?

It would Be Awsome if your Light were Directional - and Moved by somehow being attached to the gimbal -
Yeah I know - Wishful thinking

Someone should Take ALL these Ideas seen on these forums - … and Create a SUPERDRONE KIT
then Sell this "KIT" to be installed on the Mavic 2 -

Heres My Short WishList. (Hey DJI ? !!!)

On the GIMBAL
* Super Light - Directional
* Flir Camera (but not a toy - at least a 320 or 640 resolution Cam) -
- this camera to have its own Gimbal alternatively attached to the Existing one-
* a REAL 4K Plus sensor using its Full Power- Like the DJI P4

On the Body
* Battery Mod to Switch from One Battery to the Other on depletion of the First- (So Double time)
- alternatively Parallel connection -
* REAL Time Powerful Speaker - That Works in Real Time through LTE Module
* A RC controlled HOOK - that could release a Payload (like a LifeVest or food or Cellphone - or just fishing line)

CONTROL:
*An LTE (BackUp) Internet Module, that Could provide Drone Control Via a PC - See "Parrot Disco Tests" - that would allow streaming Video and Joystick control to/from a computer. This would Extend to Unlimited Range - depending on Battery.
*Easy OpenSource Programming (not the the Complicated DJI SDK) to allow developers to enhance the Operation.

What would you Add to this ?

Someone should Take ALL these Ideas seen on these forums - … and Create a SUPERDRONE KIT
then Sell this "KIT" to be installed on the Mavic 2 -

Heres My Short WishList. (Hey DJI ? !!!)

On the GIMBAL
* Super Light - Directional
* Flir Camera (but not a toy - at least a 320 or 640 resolution Cam) -
- this camera to have its own Gimbal alternatively attached to the Existing one-
* a REAL 4K Plus sensor using its Full Power- Like the DJI P4

On the Body
* Battery Mod to Switch from One Battery to the Other on depletion of the First- (So Double time)
- alternatively Parallel connection -
* REAL Time Powerful Speaker - That Works in Real Time through LTE Module
* A RC controlled HOOK - that could release a Payload (like a LifeVest or food or Cellphone - or just fishing line)

CONTROL:
*An LTE (BackUp) Internet Module, that Could provide Drone Control Via a PC - See "Parrot Disco Tests" - that would allow streaming Video and Joystick control to/from a computer. This would Extend to Unlimited Range - depending on Battery.
*Easy OpenSource Programming (not the the Complicated DJI SDK) to allow developers to enhance the Operation.

What would you Add to this ?
Switching batteries won’t give you double time any more than two seperate fuel tanks might give more than one large one. You need to pay for the weight penalty of the second pack no matter how they are wired. If anything running two matched packs I’m parallel will give you more as the C rating in each pack is halved meaning less voltage sag under load.

I bought the Lumecubes, they are awesome.3000 lumen and ten brightness settings you control brightness from your phone, also has strobe Lumecube.com

I bought the Lumecubes, they are awesome.3000 lumen and ten brightness settings you control brightness from your phone, also has strobe Lumecube.com
I purchased the lumecube kit for the MPP and M2Z and yes it does provide a lot of light but it gives me forward sensors at night when I'm 6 ft or closer to something fairly white. Sometimes the forward sensors don't work. So I would not count on it working as if it was day time. Oh yeah, the kit attached takes 10 minutes of flight time away.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint