DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgraded to the New Remote Lights by Firehouse Tech>

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Let me start off by saying lights are a Pain. Bending over gets old to set them , ,, time consuming , frustrating to use , not to mention being blinded at night.

So I am constantly in search of something better for the safety of my flights in the Rain at Night an for Pilots.

These New Remote Lights by Firehouse Tech are a game changer > 3 leds that are brighter than the 5 Leds and I instantly fell for the Neon Blue Flash strobe.

I took it out for a several long distance flight , further than I would ever need to go just to be sure it was effective for me, planes and the Lake fairy.

The Problem with to many lights on your drone is it starts to look like a UFO and Neighbors complain. So I needed One light that could position to allow the Remote light to be seen at all angles.

The remote light was so easy to use that I made a little pocket for the light to fit into on the Wet Suit providing the most amount of light at all angles.

Placing it at a 45 Degree angle proved to Give this Light much more Coverage thru the Entire Flight .

A quick video of the Mavic 3 in the Rain with the Water Proof Remote light.

I Ordered from Ariel Pixel and got it in 3 days.

PXL_20240125_015014407.jpgPXL_20240125_014952894.jpgPXL_20240125_015035817.jpgPXL_20240125_015040856 (1).jpgPXL_20240125_014948893.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. , land on the Water.

Last edited:
Ariel is listed as sold out. Firehouse Tech has them available for the same price and free shipping.

Phantomrain - thanks for the tip. Can you share with us photo details of the 45 degree mount with the light off?

Reactions: Paul Harvey
Can you tell which direction the drone is facing with only one light? Especially during bright sunlight? I have no problem seeing it at night, but the bright sunlight in Arizona (which is pretty much constant) makes it very hard to see. How visible is the light during a sunny day?

Reactions: Torque
Can you tell which direction the drone is facing with only one light? Especially during bright sunlight? I have no problem seeing it at night, but the bright sunlight in Arizona (which is pretty much constant) makes it very hard to see. How visible is the light during a sunny day?
On a sunny day there really is no win. I am testing it out today in the fog over the lake , very curious how it does compared to my other fog video .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water. .

Reactions: Paul Harvey
Can the “pocket” be added to my existing wet suit?
Yes im going to make a small video showing the best way to do that , and will post soon.

So the Reason why I use it on a 45 degree is because it give mes the better view on the ground and it pulls it away from the Drone itself where some of the light get absorbed , this way I got a better glow from the light.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: Torque
Good video. I concur about too many lights and the entire neighborhood will be on alert. I find myself getting a bit uncomfortable after just a few minutes of flying around as I imagine everybody on the ground can clearly see my drone flashing all sorts of color. I bought the new FH because of the blue, too. They should arrive this week. But again, I have to be careful about blue because on the ground, blue lights are a no-no.

Anyway, I have pretty much any and all the strobe lights and mounts I'll ever need and one day this spring or summer, I might do my own video.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Good video. I concur about too many lights and the entire neighborhood will be on alert. I find myself getting a bit uncomfortable after just a few minutes of flying around as I imagine everybody on the ground can clearly see my drone flashing all sorts of color. I bought the new FH because of the blue, too. They should arrive this week. But again, I have to be careful about blue because on the ground, blue lights are a no-no.

Anyway, I have pretty much any and all the strobe lights and mounts I'll ever need and one day this spring or summer, I might do my own video.
Nice thing is you can have a different light on the ground an change it once your in the air.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water. Heading out to the fog now to test some things.

Nice thing is you can have a different light on the ground an change it once your in the air.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water. Heading out to the fog now to test some things.
Yep that too. The remote will be a game changer. Firing up three lights manually means you are nearly blind by the time to get to the 3rd light. I got the 3 pack, wondering if I'll get three remotes. Eta: 3 lights, 3 remotes; won't need them all. If anyone loses one, I have extras.

Last edited:
I would have like to seen this as 5 Leds not sure why they went with 3 maybe so you buy more lights ., lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water, and Fly with Remote Lights.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Sounds cool, going to get one, I wonder though if the effect would be diminished if there were no light fog. That probably made it more visible when the light was on top, but you wouldn't have that advantage on a clear evening and nothing for a top mounted light to reflect off.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne