DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic in Manual mode

I don't think there is any way to get it into actual manual mode (no FC stabilization at all). The most you can do is ATTI mode (attitude and altitude stabilization). That works fine with a simple parameter modification to the mode switch mappings.

Actually you can, same way you change the switch from sport to atti mode you change it from sport to manual. Instead of 3 for atti you change it to 0 for manual. Tried it today but it is a real handful:D. Switched back to gps a lot to get it to calm down, you can do flips in manual but i'm not brave enough to try that yet

Reactions: skysheen and sar104
Actually you can, same way you change the switch from sport to atti mode you change it from sport to manual. Instead of 3 for atti you change it to 0 for manual. Tried it today but it is a real handful:D. Switched back to gps a lot to get it to calm down, you can do flips in manual but i'm not brave enough to try that yet

OK - thanks for that information. I had originally wondered if there was a control switch setting for manual, but I was not willing to just try random values. How did you identify it? I tried flying the Phantom 2 in manual. I never mastered it though.

You don't mention which Mavic you are inquiring about, but you can put the MP in Atti mode by covering the top rear in aluminum foil.

OK - thanks for that information. I had originally wondered if there was a control switch setting for manual, but I was not willing to just try random values. How did you identify it? I tried flying the Phantom 2 in manual. I never mastered it though.

Saw a video of a mavic doing flips and found out its number 0 after a bit of searching.

Reactions: sar104
You don't mention which Mavic you are inquiring about, but you can put the MP in Atti mode by covering the top rear in aluminum foil.
But it does make it more difficult to control so why would you want to?

I did it with my Platinum, just need the old dji assistant 2 v1.1.2 to get to the parameters. I'm on fw .400

I wouldn't do it, but out of curiosity can you set up a Mavic to handle like a race drone? No experience with them, but from I've seen in drone racing instructional videos they're controlled very different, even being in mode 2. The video I saw they keep forward speed even with your right thumb off the stick. I'm guessing too heavy for flying like that?

I wouldn't do it, but out of curiosity can you set up a Mavic to handle like a race drone? No experience with them, but from I've seen in drone racing instructional videos they're controlled very different, even being in mode 2. The video I saw they keep forward speed even with your right thumb off the stick. I'm guessing too heavy for flying like that?

A quad in manual mode will not do attitude stabilization, so once you have used the right stick to apply pitch or roll, it will stay like that. You have to apply opposite stick to bring it back to level, and even more to stop it.

Reactions: Koelkop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25