DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Leg Replacement Video Guide and a Thanks

Jordan

Reactions
Firstly I would like to say a big thanks to Jeff @SalvageDrones who sourced my replacement Mavic leg and sent it to me in London all the way from sunny California.

I cracked my poor Mavic's leg when crashing into a wall indoors and was slightly mortified as I'm sure many of us have been when we hurt our beloved little drone. It took a week getting here but when it did I was over the moon! I've made a quick video on my YouTube channel showing the replacement process if anyone else has to go through a replacement. Enjoy!

Thank you very much. I still have not been successful securing a replacement antenna leg so I thought I'd have a go at repairing mine. Your well-done tutorial was most helpful. I am sure I would have buggered the antenna wire had I not been aware of the caulk securing the wire,

Anyway, I removed my damaged leg, heated it in boiling water to soften the plastic a bit and was able to gently straighten it somewhat. I then used superglue on the fine crack and black epoxy to fill in the large defect. It's not perfect or even pretty - but it is sturdy, and should hold until the good folks at DJI can start churning out some spare parts.

antennaleg.jpg

Thank you very much. I still have not been successful securing a replacement antenna leg so I thought I'd have a go at repairing mine. Your well-done tutorial was most helpful. I am sure I would have buggered the antenna wire had I not been aware of the caulk securing the wire,

Anyway, I removed my damaged leg, heated it in boiling water to soften the plastic a bit and was able to gently straighten it somewhat. I then used superglue on the fine crack and black epoxy to fill in the large defect. It's not perfect or even pretty - but it is sturdy, and should hold until the good folks at DJI can start churning out some spare parts.

View attachment 6776
Is that the finished result?
I think you might like these links...
DJI Mavic Pro Original Front Left Motor Arm Repair Parts For Mavic Pro | eBay
DJI Mavic Pro Original Front Right Motor Arm Repair Parts For Mavic Pro | eBay

No, sorry. That is the Before picture. Here is the After picture:

legrepair.jpg

I did a much neater job with the crack on the opposite side of the leg with super glue gel, it was smaller but more structural. I will let this cure another day and then smooth it with a dremel. I just wanted to fill in the big gaping hole. At least, for now, it seems sturdy, and flys well. Maybe I'll put a band-aid over it to conceal it :)

Reactions: Bunny Too
I can almost guarantee that these are not original DJI mavic parts. Look at the spring on a motor shaft never seen any Original Part like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app
Looks normal to me ?
DJI-Mavic-pro-aircraft-quick-release-props.jpg

Dittto. what do your mavic springs look like?

great the led made it btw. that would really suck

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52