DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Lens has condensation - how to replace?

sendchad

Reactions
My lens has water moisture in it and I cannot get a new one from DJI where they say it costs $101. I just need the front part of the camera, none of the rear parts if anyone has advice on where to get new one or decent second hand please let me know. DJI has the worst service ever!

Attachments

• Mavic Moisture flat.JPG
    Mavic Moisture flat.JPG
    892.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Mavic Moisture.jpg
    Mavic Moisture.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 57
Yes you can get it from DJI for $101 + the cost of shipping your drone to and from them, plus at least $65 labor for them to install it, plus probably another $65 for labor for the heck of it, plus the cost of a new top body. They dont sell the parts separately unless they install them.

Then you will have the pleasure of waiting 4-6 weeks for them to install it.

I sell them for $95 plus shipping Paypal only.

Reactions: cplmac
I have no idea, so I'll ask: Can't it be disassembled and dried?

I have had no luck with pulling out the circuit board inside the camera body. It seems to be glued in and taking it out can damage it. You cant go in from the front unless you break the lens to get the condensation out, but then that defeats the purpose..

Yes you can get it from DJI for $101 + the cost of shipping your drone to and from them, plus at least $65 labor for them to install it, plus probably another $65 for labor for the heck of it, plus the cost of a new top body. They dont sell the parts separately unless they install them.

Then you will have the pleasure of waiting 4-6 weeks for them to install it.

I sell them for $95 plus shipping Paypal only.

Yeah I spoke to you previously. I only want it as long as the lens is 100% clear, can you ship to Abu Dhabi? I work for airline so could get someone to come to US and you ship it to the hotel there. If possible what would it cost to ship here?

Yeah I spoke to you previously. I only want it as long as the lens is 100% clear, can you ship to Abu Dhabi? I work for airline so could get someone to come to US and you ship it to the hotel there. If possible what would it cost to ship here?

I can only ship to Paypal verified addresses worldwide. Shipping to a verified Abu Dhabi address would cost around $8.00 usd.

I have had no luck with pulling out the circuit board inside the camera body. It seems to be glued in and taking it out can damage it. You cant go in from the front unless you break the lens to get the condensation out, but then that defeats the purpose..
Wow, that's surprising.

I haven't tried to take any part of my MP apart, but I've completely disassembled the camera and gimbal on my P4, and that sucker comes apart completely. Resolving a condensation issue would be simple on the Phantoms.

BTW, how did that happen? I really hope not just from high humidity. I'd expect something like that to be sealed.

My lens has water moisture in it and I cannot get a new one from DJI where they say it costs $101. I just need the front part of the camera, none of the rear parts if anyone has advice on where to get new one or decent second hand please let me know. DJI has the worst service ever!

Pack it in a box with silica gel and hope for the best.

The issue with moisture is the inevitable and dreaded lens fungus that will possibly follow.

Bummer.

Could you not apply a very low concentrated amount of heat to evaporate the moisture ? If it entered it will release ,,, . And if you are in an environment that has extreme humidity can the point of entry for the humidity on the lens or housing not be sealed with a delicate application of silicone to prevent or reduce the possibility of this happening again ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi