DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic loosing video 15 feet away

Crash6882

Reactions
So I was flying my mavic off the boat today like usual and kept loosing the video feed and when I had it, it was very glitchy. It would get 15 feet away and then cut out but it showed full bars on the screen. Nothing has changed in my spot or the boat.

Came home did a software update and tried flying around my house which I usually do without a problem. Video was doing the same thing, and giving me a video interference message.

Any ideas on what is going on since nothing in either spot has changed.??

So I was flying my mavic off the boat today like usual and kept loosing the video feed and when I had it, it was very glitchy. It would get 15 feet away and then cut out but it showed full bars on the screen. Nothing has changed in my spot or the boat.

Came home did a software update and tried flying around my house which I usually do without a problem. Video was doing the same thing, and giving me a video interference message.

Any ideas on what is going on since nothing in either spot has changed.??
i had similar issue,bad cable
my son had the same issue but even worse,he had loaded too many apps on his phone from last time had flown it.

That problem got so bad for me on my Android tablet that I finally broke down and got a CrystalSky monitor. I have a feeling the further along we get with phone/tablet and DJI hardware/software updates the more problems like these will occur. Yes, it might be your cable or connection, but it's equally likely that nothing is going to work as well as a full DJI system.

I am using a Lenova tablet with android. I am ordering new cables and also am going to format the sd card in the mavic as well

I would just like to mention, the crystal sky IS an android tablet.With a bright screen. It is just stripped of the ability to easily load non flight related apps that normally cause the issues.

Reactions: Soonerdrone
Hi same problem here flew a few times with my mavic use a samsung tab a10 original usb cable from mavic work fine and my last 2 flight start to appears some glith and is very hard to fly, Im not sure but I think the signal is loosing somewhere!

Done, i didnt flew yet but as i saw the glich dissapare now. I downgrade 2 versions and looks fine by now. Thank you so much mate for your tip!

Attachments

• BA0FA040-5F9B-41BF-A597-63FE67FC9BBB.png
    BA0FA040-5F9B-41BF-A597-63FE67FC9BBB.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 189259B8-BB0E-45E2-90A0-BCDE278ED94D.png
    189259B8-BB0E-45E2-90A0-BCDE278ED94D.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: mad monkey
Ok so I replaced the cable, also did the full factory reset of the tablet. Still having the problem. Tried two tablets and a phone. Dji said I need to send it back but dont want it gone for the rest of the summer. Any suggestions on other places to send it to get it looked at. Also kind of discouraged that i have had it for 8 months no crashes and already have to send it out and pay money.

Ok so I replaced the cable, also did the full factory reset of the tablet. Still having the problem. Tried two tablets and a phone. Dji said I need to send it back but dont want it gone for the rest of the summer. Any suggestions on other places to send it to get it looked at. Also kind of discouraged that i have had it for 8 months no crashes and already have to send it out and pay money.
Message @Thunderdrones he might be able to help you

...Dji said I need to send it back but dont want it gone for the rest of the summer. Any suggestions on other places to send it to get it looked at...
I guess DJI doesn't want to admit that their constant, buggy, Go 4 updates are causing problems. Your described symptoms are classic Go 4 update glitches. It happened to me; one day flew fine, the next day unusable video feed. Both days from the exact same location. Turned out that an auto-update to Go 4 was the problem. I downgraded Go 4, turned off auto-updates, and have not had problems since. That was over a year ago and I am still flying using my underpowered Android tablet. I am now reading that some iDevices are having problems with Go 4 so it is no longer an Android problem. Another option you might consider is installing Litchi or other control program.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato