DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lost in sea

Sorry - misread your question. That's strange that the QR sticker is missing - you should probably send them a photo of the blank square and point that out.

Yeah, I just talked to the store support where I bought it, and they only check if the aircraft S/N as they need it for the invoice, they had no idea why it was missing, or no way to retrieve it for me.

Yup I just sent a picture of that blank space where the sticker is supposed to be.

I hope this doesn't make the whole case invalid.... :/

OK, just to review...
If something goes bonkers with the GPS or the compass, and the bird goes into ATTI mode, as long as one can use either the on board camera and/or the data on the screen (altitude and distance from the home point), one should be able to fly the bird home, correct?

I thought I saw someone post how/where to stick foil tape to the bird to force ATTI mode for practice, but can not find it now. Anyone remember where that is?

OK, just to review...
If something goes bonkers with the GPS or the compass, and the bird goes into ATTI mode, as long as one can use either the on board camera and/or the data on the screen (altitude and distance from the home point), one should be able to fly the bird home, correct?

I thought I saw someone post how/where to stick foil tape to the bird to force ATTI mode for practice, but can not find it now. Anyone remember where that is?

Correct. Masking the GPS antenna may work, but that would force ATTI due to no position data. That would lead to the same flight characteristics, but make bringing it back still harder again, since you could not refer to the map.

Darn. Nothing's ever simple. Can the two compasses alone be disabled by taping small fridge magnets right over their locations, leaving the GPS working?

Darn. Nothing's ever simple. Can the two compasses alone be disabled by taping small fridge magnets right over their locations, leaving the GPS working?

That would be a bad idea. The point is that ATTI mode, when due to "compass errors", does not generally mean that there are no heading data and does not mean that there are no position data. It simply means that the FC has switched to a mode where it is not controlling position, only attitude and alititude. There is really no way to simulate that by disabling sensors.

A Little bit off topic now, I'm a pet owner and they have GPS-tags hanging around their neck, if they should escape etc. These tags work awesome but are a little too big for the mavic.

So, I definitely wanna put a tag on my new mavic, that is IP67 rates at least. Anyone got the time to link a tag like that? I'm sure there must be hundreds of DJI pilots flying with an external GPS tag out there.

On topic: DJI got the RC serial number from my first registered device linked to the RC. I have used 4 different devices so it took some time figuring out what I registered my first device/account as.

My super bad memory made me make a new account for every New device.. :/

All sorted out now and I'm very happy. First support case with DJI went smoothly... I'm sure there are others that hate DJI support.

Edit: After some research, I've seen a bunch of ppl using this: TK-star TK-109 Waterproof GPS Tracking Device Tracker Collar Locator | eBay

I used an early version from tkstar for my pet some years ago, worked flawlessly back then and this version is smaller, cheaper, lighter and twice the battery time, about 250-300h depending where you look.

It's 50mm x 50 mm and 18 mm thickness and only weighs 50 grams. Would be awesome if someone made 3D printed mounts for this or came up with a really solid mounting solution.

Edit again: Just ordered a tkstar tk-109.

If there's not a thread about tk-109+mavic when it arrives, I will create a new thread for a short review and how I managed to mount it, I think one can just use the key chain that comes with it and hook it up to the rear feet, the 2 rubber dampers behind downward visions sensorns. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
I use the loc8tor. It's a relatively short range tracker about 100ft. But the idea is that find my drone can get you in the general area whilst the tracker will home in on it.

I'm currently designing a mount for it which I'll post as soon as it's done.

Correct. Masking the GPS antenna may work, but that would force ATTI due to no position data. That would lead to the same flight characteristics, but make bringing it back still harder again, since you could not refer to the map.
There's a DJI Assistant 2 hack which lets you unlock the "Parameters" tab in the Assistant. There, you can remap the Sport mode switch to ATTI mode. However, you lose sport mode that way as there is no way of enabling it. Also not sure whether this matters for warranty or not.

There's a DJI Assistant 2 hack which lets you unlock the "Parameters" tab in the Assistant. There, you can remap the Sport mode switch to ATTI mode. However, you lose sport mode that way as there is no way of enabling it. Also not sure whether this matters for warranty or not.

I did not know that. I use the parameters tab but had not explored that aspect.

ATTI Mode or sport....I can't decide, every time I've practiced flying ATTI inside = ended up with 2 or more broken props + scratches. Sport mode = Me = Oh my how fast it's flying, this was fun...everytime I forget that it breakes/stops so much slower in sport mode...into a tree that appeared from "nowhere", into my own house when I were supposed to fly home and land without smart RTH...

Feels kinda good that I'm getting a new one now, one without scratches on the lens, entire body scratched... Think I'm gonna fly my new mavic in tripod mode all the time :D

Yeah, I just talked to the store support where I bought it, and they only check if the aircraft S/N as they need it for the invoice, they had no idea why it was missing, or no way to retrieve it for me.

Yup I just sent a picture of that blank space where the sticker is supposed to be.

I hope this doesn't make the whole case invalid.... :/

I think you may have gotten one of those American knock off remotes, seems like it's becoming a big problem now.....

Does it void the warranty? I cannot seem to find any info on that

I'm thinking, does it really void the warranty to fly the mavic in a mode that you sometimes fly in anyway? Like inside, lack of GPS for some reason.

As long as you have a line of sight? I mean if the flight records are showing 10 000 ft distance in ATTI...and something happens.. I don't think that goes on warranty ;D

I think you may have gotten one of those American knock off remotes, seems like it's becoming a big problem now.....

Wow really?! Even though I bought It in a Swedish store, and that store get their DJI drones from a stock warehouse in Denmark, www.boston.dk. How is it even possible to get a knock off remote? Is DJI using another, cheaper manufacturer on purpose?

There was a sticker on the back when I first got it, but it was plain white so I thought the S/N was hiding behind it, as if the white sticker purpose was to protect the S/N until you needed it.

Anyway, DJI chat support provided me with RC S/N, apparently it's logged at DJI and only visible/bound to the very first email one used upon receiving the mavic and signing up in the DJI GO 4 APP.

As I have used 2 tablets, 2 phones and finally CrystalSky...It took some time to remember. Apparently I even made a new e-mail just for the app/drone, which I only used on my first tablet...after that I used my regular e-mail when signing up.

Last edited:
You need to connect your controller to your phone then start Go4 then under settings go to about. At bottom of about will show Controller SN. If it shows blank then you need to connect your controller to a Mavic temporarily to show SN. Find someone, a friend etc and bind your RC to their Mavic then screen shot the about info.
7f98fcba5a1d7f9f649e8f0894a1fab8.jpg

You need to connect your controller to your phone then start Go4 then under settings go to about. At bottom of about will show Controller SN. If it shows blank then you need to connect your controller to a Mavic temporarily to show SN. Find someone, a friend etc and bind your RC to their Mavic then screen shot the about info.
7f98fcba5a1d7f9f649e8f0894a1fab8.jpg

Yes, I posted this picture on page 3...It's blank. Anyway, DJI support found it for me.

I wish I knew at least one where I live with a drone, just any drone. I'm the only one flying here...Everybody knows who's flying all the time..small city:/

Does it void the warranty? I cannot seem to find any info on that

I think if it were deliberately switched to ATTI and then had a problem then it likely would void the warranty. Other than that situation however, I'm not sure that they would notice.

I think if it were deliberately switched to ATTI and then had a problem then it likely would void the warranty. Other than that situation however, I'm not sure that they would notice.
No no, I was wondering whether modifying the Parameters void the warranty or not

I'm thinking, does it really void the warranty to fly the mavic in a mode that you sometimes fly in anyway? Like inside, lack of GPS for some reason.

As long as you have a line of sight? I mean if the flight records are showing 10 000 ft distance in ATTI...and something happens.. I don't think that goes on warranty ;D
See my previous post. Also, flying in ATTI doesn't disable the gps, it only just stops locking the position. If you manually engaged atti then losing signal will kick it in gps and make it rth. That is, if your machine is operational, if you have a positioning failure then it won't come back on its own.

No no, I was wondering whether modifying the Parameters void the warranty or not

If you sent it in for warranty work with those parameters changed then I would expect that would be grounds to deny warranty. Those are not intended to be user modified.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky