DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini -177 mph- sprint after Android Fly 1.4.2 update

Mynah

Reactions
Capture_2.jpg
First flight after updating from Fly 1.4.0 to 1.4.2 had the app crash mid-flight on me. Never happened before but I did practice 'controller only' landing procedures in case the Mini ever returns home after a phone crash so my clean underpants were saved. I relaunched the app and it re-connected with the AC, initiating a new flight record mid-air.
Viewed in AirData I observed a record Mavic Mini airspeed of 79.32 m/s, and that was not in a backpack on a superbike :)
Needless to say, I'm back to ver. 1.4.0, DJI can gladly fly with their own 1.4.2 and duly enjoy their app crashes. I did disobey my own mantra of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it.'

Pretty sure that doesn't come from the actual flight log recorded by the DJI Fly app ...

Airdata.com doesn't show you the actual flight log ... it's their interpretation of it, & the app crash with the creation of 2 logs messed up Airdata's calculations regarding speed.

Reactions: Mynah
Pretty sure that doesn't come from the actual flight log recorded by the DJI Fly app ...

Airdata.com doesn't show you the actual flight log ... it's their interpretation of it, & the app crash with the creation of 2 logs messed up Airdata's calculations regarding speed.
I suspected that much and I do not plan on becoming an app crash expert so I'll stick to ver. 1.4.0 and get some careless flying done instead. Ver. 1.4.0 offers me all I need and more. I went to lengths to acquire a DJI 'suggested' phone to run the app which it did reliably until the Fly update.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Mynah
View attachment 129511
First flight after updating from Fly 1.4.0 to 1.4.2 had the app crash mid-flight on me. Never happened before but I did practice 'controller only' landing procedures in case the Mini ever returns home after a phone crash so my clean underpants were saved. I relaunched the app and it re-connected with the AC, initiating a new flight record mid-air.
Viewed in AirData I observed a record Mavic Mini airspeed of 79.32 m/s, and that was not in a backpack on a superbike :)
Needless to say, I'm back to ver. 1.4.0, DJI can gladly fly with their own 1.4.2 and duly enjoy their app crashes. I did disobey my own mantra of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it.'
Maybe I’m misreading this or Something! The only way that a Mavic anything will do 177 MPH is with a 140 MPH Wind blowing it!

Maybe I’m misreading this or Something! The only way that a Mavic anything will do 177 MPH is with a 140 MPH Wind blowing it!
This post was made 'tongue in cheek', a demonstration of the frailty of technology we like rely on, like the South African Airways Airbus I observed every day for nearly a month cruising past my backdoor doing 800 km/h on the Johannesburg - Capetown flightpath, at GROUND level, according to its ADS-B squawk I was intercepting and decoding. A friend of mine, observing the phenomenon on my screen over my shoulder drily suggested we go outside and observe the dust trial. They eventually fixed the transponder on said aircraft. I'll wait for DJI to at least offer RAW image capture for the Mini before I attempt another Fly app update. Though I suspect the Mini will soon be discontinued since latest Fly update offers nothing tempting for Mini owners. The controller orientation bug still persist...

This post was made 'tongue in cheek', a demonstration of the frailty of technology we like rely on, like the South African Airways Airbus I observed every day for nearly a month cruising past my backdoor doing 800 km/h on the Johannesburg - Capetown flightpath, at GROUND level, according to its ADS-B squawk I was intercepting and decoding. A friend of mine, observing the phenomenon on my screen over my shoulder drily suggested we go outside and observe the dust trial. They eventually fixed the transponder on said aircraft. I'll wait for DJI to at least offer RAW image capture for the Mini before I attempt another Fly app update. Though I suspect the Mini will soon be discontinued since latest Fly update offers nothing tempting for Mini owners. The controller orientation bug still persist...
LOL, and how would you land it moving that fast in that gale... might be a lost mini?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929