DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 and the problem with waypoints

Nifty

Reactions
Good morning,
As a new user Iam a bit confused. I browsed the forum but 'sort of' got conflicting answers. My problem is. Can I define a path down one side of a curving irrigation channel and return to home down the other side of the channel using Litchi or QGroundControl and use this to fly my MM2 without dropping it into the water in the irrigation channel?

Next if so, do I upload the flight file to my Tablet or the SD memory card in the UAV (drone). Thanks in advance for your help.
Neville
Queensland
Australia....where we have had our first decent rain since February!!

Can I define a path down one side of a curving irrigation channel and return to home down the other side of the channel using Litchi or QGroundControl and use this to fly my MM2 without dropping it into the water in the irrigation channel?

Not at present. Third party waypoint apps require SDK support which currently isn’t available for the Mini 2.

MM2 doesn't natively support waypoints so the SDK won't provide it either. The only way a 3rd party app can provide waypoints in this case is if the app itself flies the MM2 using virtual sticks. The same situation is currently the case with MM1 and I understand Litchi didn't support waypoints for the MM1 for that reason.

When waypoints is natively supported, the mission is uploaded to the AC and the AC autonomously flies the mission. Litchi is basically a UI for creating and initiating waypoints for those it does support.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmanishalove01