DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 2 due November with ocusync

Well that's a good mistake

But a mistake, nonetheless.

I would think that with all the known issues about wind that DJ I would have addressed that with the new mini they would have to be stupid to not address it but who knows we’ll have to see

They are only “issues” if you ignore the warnings. DJI have effectively addressed them by giving appropriate warnings in the app.

The mini will have Occusync.
How do I know this? DJI is a marketing company and they want to push smart controller.
All future consumer drones will have it.

This Mini2 upgrade has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I love my Mini and have desired the MA2 (but wanted more flight time with a more basic drone) but having a direct upgrade come out not even 3 months after I got mine kinda sucks. I’ve heard the likely rumors of a camera upgrade which doesn’t sway me too much, but Occusync would be a big upgrade that I definitely want.

Sell my current Mini1 Fly More now and get top dollar for it? Upgrade to a new Mini2 when it comes out? Wait to sell my Mini1 if the 2 is indeed that good? Say **** it and sell the Mini1 for a MA2? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.
I "sour" with you 100% My reason for the Occusynch is it would enable mini to talk to DJI goggles. Currently, I use a cheap Anycast dongle --powered using an external USB charger -- with a bunch of wires and cable adaptors to plug into the goggles. 4K would be nice but not for my unprofessional use. Don't know the value of multi-band in the US where UK has dual-band (2.4 & 5.2g) but less power than FAA US permitted. I do appreciate all updates on the M2 although facts are useful in deciding if I should plan on selling the MM1. Thanks!

Can someone please explain Occusync and why its better than what the Mini has now in terms the average person can understand.
I have just learned how to fly the drone with out too much fear of losing it It took 3 months and lots of YouTube videos to get the hang of it. I would hate to sell it for not great reason. Will the Mini 2 have many more features the Mini 1 hasn't got tight now?
Thanks

Another unknown is since Amazon is likely the top volume seller throughout the world (or among the top sellers of the Mini) did DJI offer Amazon a $100 discount on each Mini Fly More combo sold during Amazon's recent Prime Days sale so Amazon could assist assist DJI to reduce DJI's current Mini inventory to make room for a new model Mini scheduled for release sometime soon?

Reactions: MMPerrish
Winter is coming so I’ve taken a punt and sold my Mini, only lost £45 which is not bad. l still believe the Mini 2 will be CE Approved for the new EASA regs that come into force 31st Dec, this will also bring a low speed tripod mode and maybe other modes (not active track, way point etc). Looks like 4K is a given, Bluetooth is interesting and if it get Ocusync that will be fantastic.

Reactions: KarMann
But a mistake, nonetheless.
My point is at your second stab with making a model drones you can’t have a high-quality GPS drone that can’t fly in the wind

They are only “issues” if you ignore the warnings. DJI have effectively addressed them by giving appropriate warnings in the app.

I bit the bullet and got the Air 2, the OccuSync and battery life sold me on it. I'm now looking to sell my Mini Fly More Combo with lots of extras... anyone interested?

Facts from reports submitted to FCC :

Mini : single band, channel bandwidth 5, 20, 40 MHz , use WiFi

Air2 : dual band, channel bandwidth 1.4, 3, 10, 20 MHz , use OcuSync

New drone : dual band, channel bandwidth 1.4, 3, 10, 20 MHz , use what ? you guess.

This logic makes a lot of sense.
Hugs
:)

This Mini2 upgrade has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I love my Mini and have desired the MA2 (but wanted more flight time with a more basic drone) but having a direct upgrade come out not even 3 months after I got mine kinda sucks. I’ve heard the likely rumors of a camera upgrade which doesn’t sway me too much, but Occusync would be a big upgrade that I definitely want.

Sell my current Mini1 Fly More now and get top dollar for it? Upgrade to a new Mini2 when it comes out? Wait to sell my Mini1 if the 2 is indeed that good? Say **** it and sell the Mini1 for a MA2? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Ha found someone with the same problem as me. Just got my Mini 2 months ago.

Reactions: MMPerrish
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom