DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 - How do I turn on ocusync??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsaacLaR

Reactions
Mavic Mini 2 - How do I turn on ocusync?? - So I know there's a button on the bottom of the drone that supposedly turns ocusync on...but when I hold it and after it beeps and changes the light color... the mini 2 loses connection with the remote completely and says "aircraft disconnected." So how can I successfully turn it on and use it?

I'm assuming you are looking to use Quickconnect, which allows you to connect to the mini2 to transfer files. Occusync is the RF protocol/link system that the controller and mini2 use to communicate/fly.

Google Mini 2 quick connect, as I don't use it myself.

Reactions: IsaacLaR
No I'm trying to switch it to the "Ocusync" mode for better video feed and farther flight distance...

I think the button you are holding is for quick transfer....for Occusync, you just connect the cable from the controller to your phone

Last edited:
Reactions: IsaacLaR
I think the button you are holding is for quick transfer....for Occusync, you just connect the cable from the controller to your phone
Actually, Occusync works even if the phone is not connected. Not that there's much reason to fly without a phone, but it's possible to use only the controller.

Occusync is the protocol used for radio communication between the drone and the controller. It's not an option, it is the only way a MM2 and its controller communicate.

Actually, Occusync works even if the phone is not connected. Not that there's much reason to fly without a phone, but it's possible to use only the controller.

Occusync is the protocol used for radio communication between the drone and the controller. It's not an option, it is the only way a MM2 and its controller communicate.
You can turn occusync off but as a default it is always on if you go to the transmission section of the menu you can turn it on or off but like I said no reason to turn it off

Thanks guys! This information was super helpful and I was able to get a good 5 miles flight distance in. Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Jet skier

Yes under the right conditions that could be possible.
It has occusync 2.0, so even better than the original I believe.

Suggested range for occusync 2.0 is approx 4.3 miles, but under perfect conditions could be more.

I'd say if this happened as stated "a good 5 miles flight distance" (what DID the distance numbers say ?), the OP was up high, a peak or ridge with an outlook over a big valley, and flew with total LOS.

I wonder if they flew until contact lost then let RTH kick in ?

The big question in my mind is would battery range out and back be an issue with such a flight ?
Must have been getting close, and the wind almost nil at the flight altitude.

Or it could be as simple as the OP meaning that he did a total distance of 5 miles, not necessarily direct out from him

Reactions: bonzo
Yes under the right conditions that could be possible.
It has occusync 2.0, so even better than the original I believe.

Suggested range for occusync 2.0 is approx 4.3 miles, but under perfect conditions could be more.
It may be possible, but without some sort of waiver it's not legal in many countries! It's important for new members to be aware of the regulations - even if they subsequently choose to ignore them!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
My house is up on a hill with VERY good visibility... you can see as far as the horizon is. What I meant by the following post is I was able to achieve 5 miles straight out and straight back with 7% battery(around 5mins) remaining. The laws have different circumstances in my state and because of the visibility you can literally see the drone as far as 3 1/2 miles no kidding. This might be because I installed aftermarket landing gear and things that make the drone look bigger.

The laws have different circumstances in my state and because of the visibility you can literally see the drone as far as 3 1/2 miles no kidding.
I'm not sure where you have heard this but no state can override the VLOS rules from the FAA.

because of the visibility you can literally see the drone as far as 3 1/2 miles no kidding. This might be because I installed aftermarket landing gear and things that make the drone look bigger.
You can't see a car 3.5 miles away.
How are you going to see your drone at that distance?

Reactions: Tarmactripper
You can't see a car 3.5 miles away.
How are you going to see your drone at that distance?
He went 2.5 miles out and being one that has done distance testing
i can’t believe he could see it. But that’s beside the point.
Point is you guys have done been over this and no need in continuing. If you can’t see it and tell the orientation of it it’s wrong. There’s no reason to continue this .
Sorry but this is closed.
DD638E7F-84D2-4E5B-A9D6-139D13718ECA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143