DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI 2 - UPDATE | Latest Leaked Photos and Spec Info

Will that mean jerky video when moving and turning though? That was one of the main turnoffs in video quality for me on the Mini1. When people would spin, the juttery-lag-and-jerk drove me crazy. I am hoping for slow, smooth video. I might rather have 1080 and smooth than 4k and stuttering.

Totally looking forward to seeing youtubes showing the ONLY thing that really matters on the Mini 2 -- video quality!
I have no video issues with the MM1 at 1080p than I also experience with my P3A and M2Z. I attribute the blur seen in pans to how the video is rendered in playback.

Reactions: monteolsen1
If the Smart Controller works with the Mini 2 than its a game changer because than we just need the drone as we already have the controller for the Air 2 which looks to be the same one. At some Point the Smart Controller starts saving everyone money that has one an we can sell the Controller or just not get one and only get the drone...

Its not going to happen , they like to tease as we have seen in there advertising. . :rolleyes:
I suspect the MA2 and MM2 remotes will not be interchangeable, even if they have the same formfactor. The MP and M2 have the same formfactor, but not interchangeable. Granted one is O1, the other O2.

Will that mean jerky video when moving and turning though? That was one of the main turnoffs in video quality for me on the Mini1. When people would spin, the juttery-lag-and-jerk drove me crazy. I am hoping for slow, smooth video. I might rather have 1080 and smooth than 4k and stuttering.

Totally looking forward to seeing youtubes showing the ONLY thing that really matters on the Mini 2 -- video quality!

The current mini video is already smooth, sounds like it was a pilot with stock gimbal settings or something.

It may run OcuSync but I doubt if it can achieve the range of the Air 2 because the lack of cooling fan in the drone means that the transmit power will be limited.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I suspect the MA2 and MM2 remotes will not be interchangeable, even if they have the same formfactor.
If you look at the specs on the 2nd video from Our Beatific World, it clearly lists the model number of the controller in the documentation as "RC231". I.e. the exact same controller as the MA2.

Wow.. apparently this guy was able to buy the Mini 2 before the official release date!? He was even unable to activate it with DJI, seemingly because it hasn’t been officially released yet! From what we know so far:

Pros:
? 4K of course! The most requested feature!
? *snip*
I'd guess that Active Track is the most requested feature, and it doesn't look like it will be there, and apparently no waypoints either. The current Mini actually has a 4K camera, but it downsizes the video to 2.7K. Saving the full 4K is a nice feature if you have a 4K TV to watch them, but if you're viewing the videos on a 1080p monitor anyway, I don't think you'll see any difference. Anyway, it seems clear that these are product placement issues to DJI rather than technical issues in a 249g drone.

Having some familiarity with math, I seriously doubt it can fly out 10km and make it back!

As soon as the Mini 2 is released (or, well, in the case of that guy who bought it at Best Buy and already has it in his hands ?, be able to activate it and fly it), surely one of the first things many geeks & youtubers will do is to compare the Mini 2 range against the MA2 range and test which one has "better" Occusync 2.0 range❗
So let's wait for the battle and see who's the range winner! :—D

It may run OcuSync but I doubt if it can achieve the range of the Air 2 because the lack of cooling fan in the drone means that the transmit power will be limited.
The mini doesn’t need a fan. It is designed for the air flow to cool it during flight. You would be surprised how far people have flown modified mavic mini’s...

The mini doesn’t need a fan. It is designed for the air flow to cool it during flight. You would be surprised how far people have flown modified mavic mini’s...
why do MP, M2 and Air 2 need internal fans on the drone side and controller side ? I have owned the Mini 1 and I know how far it can go unmodified. The long distance flights posted in the internet are not reflecting the inherent range capability of the craft because external high-gain antennas are always used

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
I fly racing drones as well and air cooling is good enough for 1000mW+.
Even the DJI FPV air unit is good for constant 1200mW only on aircooling.

Are any of the separate bits interchangable with the original mini, batteries, controller etc? I see mention that the batteries are not, that's a big disappointment.
What is the capacity of the battery in the controller?
What is the phone compatibility?
Any additional sensors? There seems to be an additional slot in the upper nose.

From what I have seen so far this is not much of an improvement on the original and IMO if you already own a mini, probably with spare batteries etc. why would you want to dump another £$ xxxx just for the slight upgrade?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S