Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 3 Pro Panorama stitching

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Does the mini 3 pro stitch panoramas while it is flying like the Mavic Air 2 & 2S? (mini 2 requires downloading of images to the controller where they are stitched.)

2nd question, if panoramas are stitched while flying, does the image include the metadata to make it a panorama in google photos?

Yes. Not sure if it depends on using Auto or image format. Have to go out, hadn't thought to check.

View attachment 150672
The info you show is the metadata that is needed in the panorama, hopefully, inserted while the drone is flying.

Does the mini 3 pro stitch panoramas while it is flying like the Mavic Air 2 & 2S? (mini 2 requires downloading of images to the controller where they are stitched.)

2nd question, if panoramas are stitched while flying, does the image include the metadata to make it a panorama in google photos?
Yes and yes. I've uploaded spherical panoramas to Google Photos. They open as flat images and become 360 images when you click the circular arrow icons at the top right and then in the center of the image. Here's an example:

Yes and yes. I've uploaded spherical panoramas to Google Photos. They open as flat images and become 360 images when you click the circular arrow icons at the top right and then in the center of the image. Here's an example:

Thanks for your info. Based on it I would seriously consider upgrading to a mini 3 pro. My only reservation would be the fact the DJI has not reprogramed the mini 3 to shoot an extra ring of images so that it could create a full sky panorama.

Thanks for your info. Based on it I would seriously consider upgrading to a mini 3 pro. My only reservation would be the fact the DJI has not reprogramed the mini 3 to shoot an extra ring of images so that it could create a full sky panorama.

DJI's failure to include the full sphere in panoramas after actively promoting the greater gimbal tilt range is indeed a disappointment. I strongly suspect they'll add that ability soon.

I'm delighted with the Mini 3. The extended range batteries are amazing. It's a hoot to take off and see more than 45 minutes of flight time indicated. One pleasant surprise is that the sound level is much less irritating than the other Mini and Air 2 models. The smart controller is usable in the sun on a sunny Gulf Coast summer afternoon and it's far more convenient than connecting a tablet to the controller as I do with the others drones.

I'm delighted with the Mini 3. The extended range batteries are amazing. It's a hoot to take off and see more than 45 minutes of flight time indicated.
If I end up getting a Mini 3 I might get one of those batteries for occasional use. Would have to use the regular battery most of the time (Canadian flight rules for the airspace I'd often be flying in).

Actually, I think I'd want one or two of the Japanese batteries, so I could add a tiny bit of payload (like a strobe) without exceeding 249 g takeoff weight.

whats the file name. I can't even find the stitched together file on the card, is it hidden?
Stitched together file is stored in the same place as photos and videos. DCIM folder I think (from memory, may be wrong).

Panorama component photos (if you choose to save them) are in a folder confusingly labelled Panoramas, grouped in subfolders with the same name as the stitched panorama. The individual photo files are names Panorama 1, Panorama 2… and so on.

Stitched together file is stored in the same place as photos and videos. DCIM folder I think (from memory, may be wrong).

Panorama component photos (if you choose to save them) are in a folder confusingly labelled Panoramas, grouped in subfolders with the same name as the stitched panorama. The individual photo files are names Panorama 1, Panorama 2… and so on.
not on mine the panorama folder has only separate photos :(

The stitched panorama is in the directory with the other photos and videos, not in the Panorama directory.

In Windows, if you look at the directory with the details view, there's a tags column with each photo identified as single, aeb, or pano.

That's because the stitched panorama is stored in the same folder as photos and videos.

The same thing happens with a hyperlapse. The assembled video file is stored in the same folder as other videos and photos, while the individual images are stored in a different folder.

Personally, I prefer to stitch my own panoramas from the separate photos, so I discard the stitched panoramas. I really wish there was a setting that would not stitch the panorama, so I wasn't forced to wait for the drone to finish stitching. I wish this even harder for hyperlapses.

That's because the stitched panorama is stored in the same folder as photos and videos.

The same thing happens with a hyperlapse. The assembled video file is stored in the same folder as other videos and photos, while the individual images are stored in a different folder.

Personally, I prefer to stitch my own panoramas from the separate photos, so I discard the stitched panoramas. I really wish there was a setting that would not stitch the panorama, so I wasn't forced to wait for the drone to finish stitching. I wish this even harder for hyperlapses.

My Mini 3 never stitch any Pano. After it is done with the 35 Pano shots, I am ready to shot the next set in 1 sec. I love it. Stitching while the drone is in the air is a waste of time.

Reactions: Joe Horn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky