DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini battery seems to charge forever - is this normal?

dawaske

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I finally got my MM yesterday and, after unpacking everything this morning, immediately started charging up the three batteries and the remote using the hub and the included 18W charger. That was about 4 hours ago and everything seemed to work properly, with the 4 LEDs at one of the charging slots starting to do the *, **, ***, ****; *, **, ***, **** etc. thing.
When checking up on the charge status a few minutes ago, however, the LEDs at that very same charging slot were still blinking. Does that mean the first battery is still not fully charged even after 4 hours!?
Aside from that, the remote, which is also connected to the charging hub, hasn't shown any charging progress so far. Is this normal?

Thank you for your help,
Daniel

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
I don’t have a mini but do have a spark and a mavic pro and you can normally see a gain in the amount of charge in 30 minutes . My spark will charge all 3 battery’s and remote in 4 hours

Hello everyone!
I finally got my MM yesterday and, after unpacking everything this morning, immediately started charging up the three batteries and the remote using the hub and the included 18W charger. That was about 4 hours ago and everything seemed to work properly, with the 4 LEDs at one of the charging slots starting to do the *, **, ***, ****; *, **, ***, **** etc. thing.
When checking up on the charge status a few minutes ago, however, the LEDs at that very same charging slot were still blinking. Does that mean the first battery is still not fully charged even after 4 hours!?
Aside from that, the remote, which is also connected to the charging hub, hasn't shown any charging progress so far. Is this normal?
Thank you for your help,
Daniel
when you put the three batts in the hub it charges the one with the most power left in it first then it moves on to the next one and so on till all the lights stop blinking which shows they are all fully charged as for the remote that does not get charged from the hub till all three batts are charged you can use any USB charger such as the one used to charge your ipad or android device to charge the remote just use the other cable that came with the combo then you can be charging the batts and remote at the same time

when you put the three batts in the hub it charges the one with the most power left in it first then it moves on to the next one and so on till all the lights stop blinking which shows they are all fully charged

This is exactly the behavior I was expecting. However, it seems that even after more than 4 hours the charging hub is still busy charging the first battery, as indicated by the corresponding LEDs blinking. Should I have maybe activated the batteries in the MM first before putting them into the hub?

This is exactly the behavior I was expecting. However, it seems that even after more than 4 hours the charging hub is still busy charging the first battery, as indicated by the corresponding LEDs blinking. Should I have maybe activated the batteries in the MM first before putting them into the hub?
when the MM first arrives it will come with very low batteries and it does take a while for them to charge up the first time ,did you press the button when they were in the hub to see how many lights came on on each battery the charging process at the end of a charge cycle spends quite some time balancing the cells before moving on to the next battery if it doesn't move on soon it could be a fault with the battery make sure you number them so you know which is which when you use them

did you press the button when they were in the hub to see how many lights came on on each battery

I did press that button before connecting the hub to the power outlet, but nothing happened. According to the DJI website the MM batteries are shipped in a "sleep" state and need to be reactivated before they can be charged, which would explain why the charging hub didn't indicate any charge status. But I thought after connecting the USB charger the batteries would activate and things would go smoothly from there...

I did press that button before connecting the hub to the power outlet, but nothing happened. According to the DJI website the MM batteries are shipped in a "sleep" state and need to be reactivated before they can be charged, which would explain why the charging hub didn't indicate any charge status. But I thought after connecting the USB charger the batteries would activate and things would go smoothly from there...
yes if they are in sleep mode that means they will take a while to charge i just looked in the manual under batteries and it just says that if the battery is in sleep mode then just put it on charge to activate it,i presume you are using the thick white cables that came with the combo to connect the 18 watt charger to the hub there were two of them in my kit if you dont use them then an ordinary charge cable will mean the battery charges at a lower rate

i presume you are using the thick white cables that came with the combo to connect the 18 watt charger to the hub there were two of them in my kit

Yes, I connected the hub with the charger using the original thick white cable. Only for the remote I used another one, but that shouldn't matter.
Furthermore, I just pressed that On/Off-button on the side of the hub again, which resulted in three LEDs lighting up and the fourth blinking. So I guess it really does take forever to get those MM batteries up and running...

Last edited:
ok so I don't know what happened but when I just checked the charging progress I noticed that the four LEDs were blinking a lot faster than the last time I checked...

yes if they are in sleep mode that means they will take a while to charge i just looked in the manual under batteries and it just says that if the battery is in sleep mode then just put it on charge to activate it,i presume you are using the thick white cables that came with the combo to connect the 18 watt charger to the hub there were two of them in my kit if you dont use them then an ordinary charge cable will mean the battery charges at a lower rate
I discovered that the hard way. The white cord was too short for the spot I was using to charge. I used another longer micro usb. It took all night to charge the three batteries. When I switched the white cord, charging visibly improved. There is a difference in how fast the charging lights blink. With the slow cable they blink slowly. With the white cable they blink rapidly. You can use this as an indicator to tell if you have a rapid charge cable.

the thing is I did not change anything ever since I initially connected the hub to the charger 6 hours ago...

EDIT

*didn’t change anything except for unplugging the remote at some point I just remembered. However, after noticing the faster blinking LEDs I reconnected the remote and the LEDs kept blinking quickly.

EDIT2

I left everything connected over night and all three batteries + remote are charged now, thank god!

Last edited:
Pretty sure you'll be surprised at how much shorter the charging time is from now on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky