DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI BATTERY

How many charges Can you get out of a Mavic mini battery

I just got 2 extra MM batteries a week ago, dunno.

The MM has Lithium Ion batteries, and most other DJIs use Lithium Polymer.

Definitely follow up on proper battery care. Heat, and total discharge kills lithium batteries fast. Keeping them 100% charged can damage them as well.

Other DJI LiPO’s are intelligent, and slowly cycle a stored battery, and not let them totally discharge. Not sure if MM batteries need all that.

Reactions: LankALank

Definitely follow up on proper battery care. Heat, and total discharge kills lithium batteries fast. Keeping them 100% charged can damage them as well.

Other DJI LiPO’s are intelligent, and slowly cycle a stored battery, and not let them totally discharge. Not sure if MM batteries need all that.
Where to you get your batteries? I'm still looking

How many charges Can you get out of a Mavic mini battery
there is no set absolute charge cycle for any drone batteries,it is all down to how they are cared for during use,and storage, extreme heat will affect battery life as will cold to some extent
even if you do everything you can to look after them,at some point they will slowly start to fail,that is true of any lipo type battery, with DJI batteries they quote around 200 charge cycles as an achievable figure,but as i said at the start that is not guaranteed some will last a lot longer,and others will fail at a much shorter no of charges

Does it mean that charging battery to 100% is a bad idea? Is it better letting it as it came from last flight and don’t charge it until next use?

Does it mean that charging battery to 100% is a bad idea? Is it better letting it as it came from last flight and don’t charge it until next use?
@Moixixon because of the weather here in the UK ,it is very rare to be able to fly on two consecutive weeks, let alone two consecutive days, so because of this fact i only fly my batts down to 30% at most if i think i will be able to fly in a couple of days time, or 40% if the weather is going to be very unsettled for 5 days or more ,that way i know they will not come to harm, then i just charge them up the evening before i am going to fly again,if that doesn't happen then the fact that they are fully charged for a couple of days will not do them harm, i have auto discharge set for 3 days on my MPP, and as for the MM i just use the hub to discharge them, if i am not able to get airborne after 3 days by draining some power charging other devices

Reactions: WooZie and Moixixon
@Moixixon because of the weather here in the UK ,it is very rare to be able to fly on two consecutive weeks, let alone two consecutive days, so because of this fact i only fly my batts down to 30% at most if i think i will be able to fly in a couple of days time, or 40% if the weather is going to be very unsettled for 5 days or more ,that way i know they will not come to harm, then i just charge them up the evening before i am going to fly again,if that doesn't happen then the fact that they are fully charged for a couple of days will not do them harm, i have auto discharge set for 3 days on my MPP, and as for the MM i just use the hub to discharge them, if i am not able to get airborne after 3 days by draining some power charging other devices
How do you use the hub to discharge the batteries ?
Wow I've got so much to learn maybe one day I can give the advice :p

Reactions: old man mavic
How do you use the hub to discharge the batteries ?
Wow I've got so much to learn maybe one day I can give the advice :p
the hub has a USB outlet that you can use to charge other things like your phone ,so you can use it to discharge the batteries do it one at a time and just take them down till you get 2 solid lights and the third one flashing thats around 65% just do one at a time and keep an eye on them

Reactions: Rockcrawler
the hub has a USB outlet that you can use to charge other things like your phone ,so you can use it to discharge the batteries do it one at a time and just take them down till you get 2 solid lights and the third one flashing thats around 65% just do one at a time and keep an eye on them
Another hub feature, when you are charging, plug your controller into the output of the hub and when the batteries are charged, it charges your controller.

Another hub feature, when you are charging, plug your controller into the output of the hub and when the batteries are charged, it charges your controller.

That's a great tip! They have a picture of this in their documentation.

1586788513342.png

But they explicitly state that when using batteries as power banks, they shouldn't be connected to a charger. In another section they mention that the power bank function works only when not connected to a charger, strange...

1586788416132.png

Attachments

• 1586788490268.png
    1586788490268.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 12
That's a great tip! They have a picture of this in their documentation.

View attachment 98620

But they explicitly state that when using batteries as power banks, they shouldn't be connected to a charger. In another section they mention that the power bank function works only when not connected to a charger, strange...

View attachment 98618
@Xanadu what you are talking about is two different things, what @ToBAS was talking about ,was if you plug the full size USB cable into the charge hub and then the RC
it will after charging up all the batteries in the hub then carry on and charge the RC to do this requires the use of two cables the charging one from the mains plugged into the micro USB for charging ,and and the other one from the USB to RC hope that makes sense
for discharging the batteries or for using the hub as a power bank you just have the larger USB to device plugged in and then that will charge up that device if you are just discharging the batteries to reduce their charge level for storage ,only have one at a time in the hub and keep an eye on them so you can stop when you have reached the desired amount, otherwise it will take to much out of the first battery before it goes over to the next one

Reactions: WooZie and Xanadu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes