DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini CE version not so bad

Alx

Reactions
Hey guys , i post to tell you to believe in your CE MAVIC MINI , to be honest in my first test i was disappointed about CE thingy/no FCC mode ... 200 meters sucks. Today i tried to take so video footage of christmas lights on my CITY and in the same time i tried a range test.

I dont gonna lie , i forced Fcc by using fake gps (^<^ ), and it works *

FCC Mod On , the controller didnt restart and I reached almost 800 meters before losing connection and RTH (5.8Ghz) ! thats more than enought with all these building and others radio signal !

I was about to put my MM in a trash but now it s no longer "trashable", it's little but good. Even better than my Mavic Air in this area !

* : [i put my controller in fcc with fake gps, disconnect the phone , turn the controller on , turn the MM ,wait the pairing , link my phone to my controller then take off ]

sorry for bad anglando , im a french native xD

800m is no problem even without FCC tricks in case you are flying in a region in direct line of sight and without many other WIFI networks and other sources of interference. Have tried this by myself, too.

Isn’t hardware different on FCC and CE versions? I’ve thought that the gps hack is a melody of the past and does not apply to MM.

Hey guys , i post to tell you to believe in your CE MAVIC MINI , to be honest in my first test i was disappointed about CE thingy/no FCC mode ... 200 meters sucks. Today i tried to take so video footage of christmas lights on my CITY and in the same time i tried a range test.

I dont gonna lie , i forced Fcc by using fake gps (^<^ ), and it works *

FCC Mod On , the controller didnt restart and I reached almost 800 meters before losing connection and RTH (5.8Ghz) ! thats more than enought with all these building and others radio signal !

I was about to put my MM in a trash but now it s no longer "trashable", it's little but good. Even better than my Mavic Air in this area !

* : [i put my controller in fcc with fake gps, disconnect the phone , turn the controller on , turn the MM ,wait the pairing , link my phone to my controller then take off ]

sorry for bad anglando , im a french native xD
My understanding is that stock limit on the CE Mini is not 200m, it's 500m at 5.8ghz and 2000m at 2.4ghz.

Model MR1SS5
5.8 GHz: 4000 m (FCC); 2500 m (SRRC)

Model MR1SD25
2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE)
5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE)

Also the antenna is way weaker in the CE.

Model MT1SS5
5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC)

Model MR1SD25
2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE)
5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)

Are you sure you were not in 2.4 ?
The Italian wizards weren't able to get any improvement with the CE version by using Fake GPS.

With CE mini and FCC hack you gain some decibels on 5.8ghz, just enough to get twice the range compared to non FCC 5.8 ghz. On 2.4ghz you gain nothing with FCC hack.

Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
Is there a video or topic somewhere that shows the actual improvement of the CE version ?

Is there a video or topic somewhere that shows the actual improvement of the CE version ?
Yes. Italian wizard that you talking about has videos on youtube comparing CE and FCC version in europe with RF meter and distance tests. And then the same with both version with fcc hack.

Ah yes, here it is, so yes still lower than in 2.4 as you mentioned.

Check you are on FCC (channels 1-11) and use Manual connection to use a 5.8 channel.

Ah yes, here it is, so yes still lower than in 2.4 as you mentioned.

Yes still lower. But in urban areas where 2.4 ghz is full occupied and full of interferences you will get better distance on 5.8 ghz with fcc hack since clearer band.

I have mentioned in previous posts that I returned my MM due to range limitations in CE mode. I fly mainly from a hilltop with 360 deg all around unobstructed visibility. Nothing nearby no interference nada!
I flew the MM a dozen or so times before returning it. Early flights grayed out at 300/400 meters. By flying in different directions I was able to reach 500/600 meters. Finally in one specific direction towards the mountains some 10 km away I reached 1.2 Km on two occasions but don’t ask me why!?
I think Alx that you are still in CE mode.
I will have a MM FCC version in my hands within a few days and once tested will do a post on the results.
By the way I don’t say that I have purchased the FCC version as that may be illegal I am jut saying that I will have access to one shortly.

Haha, yeah better be careful ;-)
Was that poor range with auto, 5.8, 2.4 ? Surely it should have done a lot better in 2.4 ?

Haha, yeah better be careful ;-)
Was that poor range with auto, 5.8, 2.4 ? Surely it should have done a lot better in 2.4 ?
I could kick myself as I left it in Auto and didn’t try individual 2.4 or 5.8!

Do you thing.....???? Mavic mini version sd25 (CE) I live vietnamese....Screenshot_20200221-090124_Video Player.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200221-085635_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200221-085635_Video Player.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000