DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini clipped a tree branch and it avoided crash on its own

miker570

Reactions
Today I was using my MM to inspect rain gutters and windows on my home. I accidentally clipped a tree branch and the Mini went out of control but amazingly it recovered on its own before crashing into the ground. Only damage was the tip of one prop blade. This is one crash story with a good ending. It must have been the bottom sensors that stopped it from hitting the ground.

Today I was using my MM to inspect rain gutters and windows on my home. I accidentally clipped a tree branch and the Mini went out of control but amazingly it recovered on its own before crashing into the ground. Only damage was the tip of one prop blade. This is one crash story with a good ending. It must have been the bottom sensors that stopped it from hitting the ground.

Looked like you clipped the tree more than once, surprised it still flew with one broken propeller, even more surprised you only broke one prop.

Looked like you clipped the tree more than once, surprised it still flew with one broken propeller, even more surprised you only broke one prop.

It caught the right rear prop and pulled itself further into the branches and ping ponged around a bit before tumbling to the ground. The downward sensors saved it only a foot or so off the ground.
Only the corner of one blade was missing. Extremely lucky.

I've had the same thing happen twice. Once it chipped one propeller and the other there was no damage. Both times I thought it was going down but it re-stabilized after starting to drop.

Reactions: miker570
You got lucky there. That happened to a buddy of mine with his MP. But he hit a telephone line the drone was coming down right before it crashed it caught itself from crashing.

I hit a tree with my P3 4K, and it flip flopped and bounced for a 30 foot drop. It then was clear of the tree, righted itself, and returned to its original height - yea DJI.

Nice!
Now give me 5 numbers and 1 more for the powerball.?
View attachment 98373

I just don't get the popularity of the lotteries and have never been tempted. Decades ago, while active duty, I transferred to a state that had the lottery, and there was a lot of scuttlebutt about winning numbers and odds of winning, etc. I even remember some saying the lottery was for the mathematically challenged people who didn't understand the odds, while others proclaimed that you can't win if you don't play! It's ironic that in most state lotteries the proceeds go to the state's education department. :) Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

Reactions: dirkclod
I just don't get the popularity of the lotteries and have never been tempted. Decades ago, while active duty, I transferred to a state that had the lottery, and there was a lot of scuttlebutt about winning numbers and odds of winning, etc. I even remember some saying the lottery was for the mathematically challenged people who didn't understand the odds, while others proclaimed that you can't win if you don't play! It's ironic that in most state lotteries the proceeds go to the state's education department. :) Different strokes for different folks, as they say.
You're right different strokes for different folks and i a one of those that do game.
This thread is about him being so lucky his Mini did what it did and was kidding him about his luck
on picking #'s.I normally don't mess with the Lottery as it just started here but being my other hobby is closed at the moment i'm just staying occupied . My other hobby.
IMG_1165.jpeg

Congrats!
Every time I’ve had a leaf/twig/tree clip I inspect the involved props with a stereo microscope. Don’t want any surprises on later flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky