DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Drifting Horizontally When Moving Forward

Post a screen shot of where you are looking on your phone?

Not sure a reinstall would wipe anything so suspect you are looking in wrong place

My mavic mini has been drifting to the right very drastically when I push the remote control stick straight forward. I am flying in 45 degree Fahrenheit temps and little wind. Any suggestions?
Had the same problem with my Mavic two and I finally ended up getting a new stick modules in my controller. Try the stick calibration to start with

Reactions: Capt KO
Post a screen shot of where you are looking on your phone?

Not sure a reinstall would wipe anything so suspect you are looking in wrong place

The lack of any DAT files appears to be a common, though not universal, problem with the DJI Fly app.

Reactions: Peio64270
Had the same problem with my Mavic two and I finally ended up getting a new stick modules in my controller. Try the stick calibration to start with

It's not the sticks in this case. The aileron output was zero for the period of interest.

I deleted and reinstalled the app but it still says that there is no data.

Okay, no DAT from those flights then. This kind of problem is generally due to an incorrect IMU yaw, which in consistently wrong cases like this is likely to be an issue with the compass. Unfortunately the only raw compass data are in the DAT file. Completely deleting and reinstalling the app might get it to start recording DAT files. If not, and if you do want to investigate this further, an alternative is to find a location with a clearly defined direction, such as a track or a distinctive distant feature, line up the aircraft on that, and then video the flight. The actual aircraft heading can be estimated from the video.

I have tried recalibrating the IMU, the compass, the gimbal, the joy sticks on the remote controller, and I've tried recentering the gimbal. The drone was fine when i first got it, about 3 weeks ago and as soon as i got the drone I updated to the latest firmware which was the l.000.400 and it was fine for the first couple of flights i didnt crash it or anything like that it has just started drifting to the right and occasionally to the left. Does anyone else have any ideas? I really wish it would perform like its supposed to...

Reactions: Jamessalt
I have tried recalibrating the IMU, the compass, the gimbal, the joy sticks on the remote controller, and I've tried recentering the gimbal. The drone was fine when i first got it, about 3 weeks ago and as soon as i got the drone I updated to the latest firmware which was the l.000.400 and it was fine for the first couple of flights i didnt crash it or anything like that it has just started drifting to the right and occasionally to the left. Does anyone else have any ideas? I really wish it would perform like its supposed to...
Try the flight like requested. Check to see if you are starting to get DAT files with the reinstalled app. Then it can be diagnosed here. Good luck.

Reactions: sar104
I'm thinking that the blades are too thin and maybe warping in the case. Can't believe that they are wearing out. Glad you are out of trouble for now. Hope someone comes out with a truly improved prop. No aftermarkets yet that I would try. Got to be Master screw or someone like that. I hope

Reactions: 12and12CS
Thanks for all the
I'm thinking that the blades are too thin and maybe warping in the case. Can't believe that they are wearing out. Glad you are out of trouble for now. Hope someone comes out with a truly improved prop. No aftermarkets yet that I would try. Got to be Master screw or someone like that. I hope
Yeah that would make sense, usually I threaded the props together so they wouldn't flop around when I put them in the case but I think that was putting stress on the props and causing them to warp so I am making a hobby of not doing that any more.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks so much for all your help, tips, and suggestions guys!
I’m confused as to why you state not to put your props together like in the first pic? DJI tells us to store the props like this. The center piece on the case that makes slight pressure on the mini doesn’t contact the props when folded across each other. Just trying to clarify why we wouldn’t put them the way the DJI tells us to on the case. Thanks

Reactions: ff22
Hello, I was having the same issue. I changed all (8) propellers and the drift went away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming