DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini float kit

ATP

Reactions
Hello members, I have been trying to source a float kit for my Mini but the few on Amazon all appear to be 3D printed.
My experience with 3D printed items, (such as a small flashlight holder), are that they were poor quality.
Any suggestions as to a higher quality one on the market?
Thanks in advance.

couple of reasons that would affect the flight envelope of the drone with a float kit fitted it would go into payload mode so have restricted flight envelope and the surface area of the float attachment would increase the chances of it getting blown about in any sort of wind ,and finally you would have a greatly reduced flight time

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Hello members, I have been trying to source a float kit for my Mini but the few on Amazon all appear to be 3D printed.
My experience with 3D printed items, (such as a small flashlight holder), are that they were poor quality.
Any suggestions as to a higher quality one on the market?
Thanks in advance.

We make the Sea Lander for the Mavic 2 / and testing it out now on the Air 2 now but the MINI we decided had zero potential because its so weight / Wind challenged.

The low profile allows it to handle up 10 3ft swells.
The Air 2 is looking more like a perfect weight to ratio set up compared to the Heaviness of the Mavic 2 Series of Drones.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
Coal

Screenshot 04-16-2020 13.54.32.jpg

I know I hope all goes well with the testing. I would like to know how much time I will lose when using one. Just want to be prepared.

Every time I hear a drone being lost in any water, I cringe.

Living on a lake that is connect to two other ones, the last thing I want to do is take a chance that the drone drops into one.

Put to the test Coal and let us know.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The MM is so light I wonder if a pool noodle could be cut in such a manner to allow a MM to float in an emergency w/o affecting flight dynamics. Could use double sided removable tape for adhesion. The stuff is really strong.

Hello members, I have been trying to source a float kit for my Mini
Putting floats on any drone is a waste of money and effort.
They are more likely to contribute to the loss of your drone rather than enhancing flight safety.
This is more true for the Mini that other drones.
The Mini is underpowered and not equipped to deal with wind without strapping something on to slow it even more.

I recently bought this item : €11.19 23% de réduction|DJI Mavic Mini Kit de flotteur d'atterrissage pour Mavic Mini train d'atterrissage accessoires de train d'entraînement atterrissage sur l'eau | AliExpress
it weigths 38 g. I was able to land and take off from my swimming pool however after a few minutes I had an overload motor error. It greatly alters the flight dynamics of the mini, specially with a bit of wind. I tried the drone later on without the floating device and it worked perfectly. From my experience I would not recommend any floating device on the mini.

We need some kind of helium filled floats so that the entire drone is lighter than air and just floats without the motors! (g)

And people seem to have control problems already, imagine then lol. Every second post on here, would be, My Mini Blew Away.

Reactions: old man mavic
I agree with not adding any floatation device to the MM. I have the Raptor Arris pontoons for my MP. And, was considering landing on water, and take off, from water. The developer made it look so easy, but listening to other pilots, that have had drones take a dip and 95% never to fly again. I do use them on days with very low wind, and flying over water. I still can retrieve the body, and replace everything with used parts from crashed drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ototo