DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Flyaway in Adelaide

Yeah, it landed about 1/3 of the way between the last known GPS coordinates and sar104's landing point, almost exactly on the red line.

OK - that suggests that the wind speed dropped fast with altitude. Thanks for the information.

Yeah, it landed about 1/3 of the way between the last known GPS coordinates and sar104's landing point, almost exactly on the red line.
@sar104 . . . reading in awe.

@sar104 . . . reading in awe.

Well to be honest - the red line was just an extrapolation of the final flight track so that's not particularly noteworthy. The actual location seems to have been around 250 meters short of my estimate. That's obviously due to a large vertical wind speed gradient, which is hard to predict, but still a significant error.

Well to be honest - the red line was just an extrapolation of the final flight track so that's not particularly noteworthy. The actual location seems to have been around 250 meters short of my estimate. That's obviously due to a large vertical wind speed gradient, which is hard to predict, but still a significant error.
I don't particularily count it as an error mate, its actually another good point proven.
If you are in trouble with the wind, reduce altitude.
This case shows exactly, what could have happened had the AC been lowered into a zone of that rapidly reducing windspeed.

Reactions: sar104 and Danr-62
Hi,
Do I need license or registration for my mini 2?
(beginner for fun) first drone and I love it,
Thanks

Not yet, it's been pushed out to 30th May, 2022.

Reactions: digitalsmuth

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming