DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Flying Around my neighborhood 3X speedup

BenF

Reactions
VLOS maintained with help from Firehouse ArcII Leds at dusk. MM is very visible.
Audio from Killard House Special School choir singing Hallelujah.
No editing, the picture is jumpy when yawing at 3X speed.
Note to self, keep yawing to an absolute minimum.
The quality of videos in this forum is quite good, so here is video on what not to do...

“Here’s a video on what not to do” ???
I can totally relate! My yawing has always sucked! After 3 years of flying I’ve never tried any other mode but ”P”. Why you ask? Because I’m just that stupid! I knew better, but then I wouldn’t be an idiot if I flew in “C” mode.?

Not sure if mini / fly has the ability, but in Go4 settings with other mavics, you can slow your yaw (and gimbal) speed right back, makes it so much easier to yaw / move gimbal smoother.

Thats the really sad part..... I know that ?.
Do you think it’s easy being an idiot? ?
Every freakin time I get out there I just want to fly and take pictures and video. Always a man without a plan.?
The results are what you would expect.?

Thats the really sad part..... I know that ?.
Do you think it’s easy being an idiot? ?
Every freakin time I get out there I just want to fly and take pictures and video. Always a man without a plan.?
The results are what you would expect.?

Look at the bright side Paul, it can only get better !! lol

Just power up / connect at home at a table with props off, go through all your Fly settings, and have a bit of a play with the gimbal speed at least, you should be able to set highest (might be default), then try lowest and compare, set whenever you feel good.
Yaw, a little more difficult in a home setup like that powered / connected up, but set about half way I guess, test when on next field flight, do the max / min setting thing, set where you feel it's best.

Once done, you can just leave it alone.

Check after next update though, sometimes things revert back to default after firmware updates.

Look at the bright side Paul, it can only get better !! lol

Just power up / connect at home at a table with props off, go through all your Fly settings, and have a bit of a play with the gimbal speed at least, you should be able to set highest (might be default), then try lowest and compare, set whenever you feel good.
Yaw, a little more difficult in a home setup like that powered / connected up, but set about half way I guess, test when on next field flight, do the max / min setting thing, set where you feel it's best.

Once done, you can just leave it alone.

Check after next update though, sometimes things revert back to default after firmware updates.

Thank you sir. I think next time I’ll try the cinematic mode. Although I’ve said that for at least the last 80 flights. ☹️

VLOS maintained with help from Firehouse ArcII Leds at dusk. MM is very visible.
The quality of videos in this forum is quite good, so here is video on what not to do...
My videos aren’t quite this good. Nice homes.

It’s still fun to watch. Aren’t drones great! As others have mentioned, with the Mini we can not change yaw settings beyond going to Cine mode, but Drone Valley made a good suggestion. They recommend going to Settings>Control>Gimbal Advanced and changing pitch from the default of 30 to a setting of 10. Then change Smoothness from 5 to 20. That will slow down the gimbal and make the beginning and end of its movement slower and more cinematic. At the current settings when you move the gimbal it moves too quickly and jerks at the start of a movement and jerks to a stop. They also recommend turning on the “Allow Upward Rotation” to allow the gimbal to look above the horizon a bit.

It’s still fun to watch. Aren’t drones great! As others have mentioned, with the Mini we can not change yaw settings beyond going to Cine mode, but Drone Valley made a good suggestion. They recommend going to Settings>Control>Gimbal Advanced and changing pitch from the default of 30 to a setting of 10. Then change Smoothness from 5 to 20. That will slow down the gimbal and make the beginning and end of its movement slower and more cinematic. At the current settings when you move the gimbal it moves too quickly and jerks at the start of a movement and jerks to a stop. They also recommend turning on the “Allow Upward Rotation” to allow the gimbal to look above the horizon a bit.
Good tip, thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky