DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Flying over water help

Based on Video Subtitles, height above detected surface before I accelerate forward is 0.9m (2.9ft), immediately after acceleration it goes to 0.7m (2.2ft), halfway thru around 1.0m~1.3m (3.2~4.2ft), 1.3m (3.2ft) at the banking, 1.6m (5.2ft) to 1.4m (4.6ft) as it slows down, then when it stops an immediate drop to 0.4m (1.3ft) until I quickly pull up to 0.8m (2.6ft).

I think the height figure in the video subtitle is the height about the takeoff point instead of above the water surface. That height is mainly measured by the barometer which is not very precise compared with the IR distance sensor at the bottom.

I think the height figure in the video subtitle is the height about the takeoff point instead of above the water surface. That height is mainly measured by the barometer which is not very precise compared with the IR distance sensor at the bottom.

Though the take-off point would be a good 2 foot or so above the water.

The body of water being skimmed is shown behind me here, with the take off point being the paved walk which is easily 2 feet above the water level. So if it was based on that, it'd be in the negative no? You can also see the increased height of the walk area near the end of the subtitled clip.

9DLleUv.jpg

Though the take-off point would be a good 2 foot or so above the water.

The body of water being skimmed is shown behind me here, with the take off point being the paved walk which is easily 2 feet above the water level. So if it was based on that, it'd be in the negative no? You can also see the increased height of the walk area near the end of the subtitled clip.

That's just my thought. If you upload the flight log file in the phone to AirData ( Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones ), you will be able to see both height ( Baro Alt is relative to takeoff, Sonar Alt is relative to the water surface )

1603093542731.png

To best of my knowledge it only has two types of sensors ,one being gps and the other being the vision sensors on the bottom

It uses air pressure for general height control:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming