DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini grainy and laggy footage

Justinvdw12

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing some issues with my Mavic Mini. I've had this drone for almost a year now and the pictures are absolutely phenomenal but I've been shooting some small videos lately and the video seems extremely grainy and laggy even in perfect lighting conditions. I've tried a couple of things like changing the settings, buying some ND filters and I bought a faster SD card too.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm expecting too much of this drone but I would love it if someone could take a look at my video and check it out.

This video is un-edited straight from the SD-card.

Thanks in advance.

Looks just fine here. Pretty dark so you definitely don't want to be adding filters.

"laggy" is becasue you're shooting 24p, that's not what you want for computer viewing.

That type of terrain in lower lighting is far from ideal for video. Not much color this time of year, things kind of blend together without definite borders. Try shooting some videos of a residential neighborhood in better light. Where all of the homes are different colors and clearly defined. I live in a rural wooded area which resembles your setting. The tree branches and bushes all kind of blend together, there is no way for any camera to separate millions of branches from several hundred feet high. Over this beautiful sunny weekend I took my mini 2 over a nearby river with a dam for the first time. What a difference in color from the dull grey and brown after the snowmelt. It turned out to be my best video yet from the mini 2. All of my other videos were around my property which is heavily wooded. I attached a photo I took from a video frame from that flight.

Attachments

• DJI_0296.JPG
    DJI_0296.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
That type of terrain in lower lighting is far from ideal for video. Not much color this time of year, things kind of blend together without definite borders. Try shooting some videos of a residential neighborhood in better light. Where all of the homes are different colors and clearly defined. I live in a rural wooded area which resembles your setting. The tree branches and bushes all kind of blend together, there is no way for any camera to separate millions of branches from several hundred feet high. Over this beautiful sunny weekend I took my mini 2 over a nearby river with a dam for the first time. What a difference in color from the dull grey and brown after the snowmelt. It turned out to be my best video yet from the mini 2. All of my other videos were around my property which is heavily wooded. I attached a photo I took from a video frame from that flight.
Thanks, looks pretty good. I usually shoot nature because my city is kinda ugly but I'll try that out when the weather gets a little less rainy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas