DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini help? Any battery info available in DJI FLY?

Enzobass

Reactions
Hello,

I just got my Mavic Mini, and I am enjoying it as much as the kids. I noticed the Mavic air has extensive battery info via the DJI Go4 app, showing you even how many times each cell has been charged. I am wondering if the Mavic mini has this feature. Also the Mavic air with its smart battery, dischargeS the battery to a safe storage level if not used after several days. I know they are not the same battery technology as one is Lipo and one is Lithium, But wondering if the Mini batteries have any intelligence to help manage the batteries. Sorry if this is posted somewhere else , I did spend some time trying to find these answers.

PS Having lots of fun flying this amazing little drone, and I don’t think folks realize thar the majority of iPad as well as YouTube videos are all 1080p and thus 2.7 K is very good. I have a 4K projector and I must say there is a significant difference between 4K and 1080 P, but very little difference between 4K and 2.7 K On a 160” screen.

Hello,

I just got my Mavic Mini, and I am enjoying it as much as the kids. I noticed the Mavic air has extensive battery info via the DJI Go4 app, showing you even how many times each cell has been charged. I am wondering if the Mavic mini has this feature. Also the Mavic air with its smart battery, dischargeS the battery to a safe storage level if not used after several days. I know they are not the same battery technology as one is Lipo and one is Lithium, But wondering if the Mini batteries have any intelligence to help manage the batteries. Sorry if this is posted somewhere else , I did spend some time trying to find these answers.

PS Having lots of fun flying this amazing little drone, and I don’t think folks realize thar the majority of iPad as well as YouTube videos are all 1080p and thus 2.7 K is very good. I have a 4K projector and I must say there is a significant difference between 4K and 1080 P, but very little difference between 4K and 2.7 K On a 160” screen.

Glad to hear you're having a blast and appreciate the video quality.

The number of battery charges is viewed in the app under the "About" tab. The battery serial # and times charged are there when all is connected and turned on.

The mini li-ion doesn't auto discharge - not as critical as lipos. You should/could store them at around 50% if you are not going to use them for a week or more. You can use the USB out on the Flymore trio charger as a powerbank to charge your phone or whatever but keep an eye on the battery levels so you don't discharge it too far. I think between 30% to 60% is OK. Lots of threads here on that subject and I'm sure someone will chime in with the proper figures.

Reactions: Enzobass
Glad to hear you're having a blast and appreciate the video quality.

The number of battery charges is viewed in the app under the "About" tab. The battery serial # and times charged are there when all is connected and turned on.

The mini li-ion doesn't auto discharge - not as critical as lipos. You should/could store them at around 50% if you are not going to use them for a week or more. You can use the USB out on the Flymore trio charger as a powerbank to charge your phone or whatever but keep an eye on the battery levels so you don't discharge it too far. I think between 30% to 60% is OK. Lots of threads here on that subject and I'm sure someone will chime in with the proper figures.

thanks will check it out next time I fly!

Yes, battery stats (charge cycles) are tucked away into the Settings screen.

I too appreciate the Mini video details and sharpness. For me 1080p is still the sweet spot. I plan on using the 2.7K more for creative purposes than real filming, cropping to achieve zoom like factor without losing quality at 1080p.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661