DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - iPhone or Android

No matter how many ill-informed people suggest that in forums like this, it's still not true.
DJI drones fly just as well with phones or tablets using either operating system.

That's when you can get them properly installed and running on android devices ;)
There is less compatibility issues with the IOS platform, only performance issues with the older hardware LOL

They have some kinda relationship and there was talks about apple buying dji but I guess it didn’t happen
You can buy a DJI drone at an Apple store .. that's all.
That's as far as the "partnership" ever went.

That's when you can get them properly installed and running on android devices ;)
There is less compatibility issues with the IOS platform, only performance issues with the older hardware LOL
Having used various phones to control my MM , my conclusion is that it has to do with how strong and recent/modern your device is. Comparing an iphone11 with a 3-4 years old android (both present in the family currently) may drive you to wrong results.

Hello all. I just purchased a Mavic Mini and did not open the package when I read that it is for an iPhone. I have an Android phone and use a PC. Are there different versions of the drone?
I believe the Apple OS is a better support system for the DJI system. Just get a cheaper, or even used Apple iPhone.

I believe the Apple OS is a better support system for the DJI system. Just get a cheaper, or even used Apple iPhone.
Oh ..please.
Every time this gets dragged out Apple users queue up to tell everyone how (in their opinion) Apple devices are better for flying DJI drones
They aren't.
DJI apps run equally well on either operating system.
There are great flying tablets and phones of either operating system/
Use whatever you like but give up pushing the old myth that DJI apps run better on Apple.

Hello all. I just purchased a Mavic Mini and did not open the package when I read that it is for an iPhone. I have an Android phone and use a PC. Are there different versions of the drone?
There should be an Android C-type cable included or you can buy one on Amazon or wherever. One end plus into the controller and the C-type end plugs into your phone. I would think they should include both. It's easy to identify the C-type end.....it's a flat oval

Reactions: Droniac
I use an "off-brand" cheap phone, a BLU that I paid $129 for on Amazon after my Samsung screen shattered two months ago. It runs Android 10 and works fine with Fly, no problems. As the others say, ignore the "Apple requirements" . . .

They have some kinda relationship and there was talks about apple buying dji but I guess it didn’t happen

The article is 4 years old and the only link to Apple was that "the Phantom 4 will be available exclusively at launch through Apple's retail stores and its own storefront, before expanding to other third-party resellers". Nothing to see here...

Because ?

Useful answer!

No matter how many ill-informed people suggest that in forums like this, it's still not true.
DJI drones fly just as well with phones or tablets using either operating system.
That wasn’t ment seriously ?

I use an "off-brand" cheap phone, a BLU that I paid $129 for on Amazon after my Samsung screen shattered two months ago. It runs Android 10 and works fine with Fly, no problems. As the others say, ignore the "Apple requirements" . . .
I wanted my daughter's Blu G6 to work (very cheap phone). It connected quickly without any fuss, but the screen stayed black.
I Tested a few other used phones, until I took the jump for an inexpensive but powerful phone, the Xiaomi.
I kept it basic, with minimum apps, just apps for the DJI Mavic Mini (MM dedicated phone)
It is the international, unlocked version, and is working flawlessly. I just downloaded Red Waypoint Free app, and it also worked without a glitch. Just watch on.

Funny though they don’t run too well and are incompatible with DJI Fly at the moment?
They run perfectly well with DJI Go 4 which is what they were designed for.
Is there a problem with the Crystalsky tablet and DJI Go? ( I haven't heard of it yet, but if it's a 64 bit tablet it should be fine)
The Smart controller's problem has nothing to do with the operating system, it's because it doesn't use Occusync 2.

They run perfectly well with DJI Go 4 which is what they were designed for.
Is there a problem with the Crystalsky tablet and DJI Go? ( I haven't heard of it yet, but if it's a 64 bit tablet it should be fine)
The Smart controller's problem has nothing to do with the operating system, it's because it doesn't use Occusync 2.

Do you mean the SC doesn't use OcuSync 1.0 in your answer, as the SC only supports 2.0 ?

I use a IPhone 7 for my mini drone
So far I have not any issues with the app or drone
It’s been a great drone for me and I enjoy flying drones [emoji106][emoji927][emoji3]

Well I never claimed that Apple owed dji but if you google apple and dji ull see all kinds of stuff about It potentially happening i only posted it because when I wasn’t an active flyer I spent alot of time reading up on the options and basically the whole drone topic in general then I ordered the mini and then i was mainly reading about that in preparation For delivery I did recall reading it a cpl times about dji and apple but I wasn’t saying it was fact

Also as far a apple users some are apple only and anti android and some android are anti apple blah blah.. i have always liked android Personally and usally i use android as my phone and device. However that doesn’t mean apple is garbage I have had apple devices I just feel like I have more freedom with android unless jail breaking... however i use an iPhone 6s for my mini and it has been flawless comparing to a android of the same era probably wouldn’t work with the mini...

Reactions: shaneb50
... I’ve done both and no problems on my end. I end up using my 8+ just because... it’s my Goto maybe. Seems like a nonissue to me as well. Godspeed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78