DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Lens Filters need review

I don't have a mini, but I used one of your ND filters on my Mavic 2 Pro today and the footage was impressive.

I have one of these and yet to use them for our trip to snowy Lapland this Tuesday. I will let you know how it goes..

Reactions: Capt KO
I have one of these and yet to use them for our trip to snowy Lapland this Tuesday. I will let you know how it goes..

I would test them before your big trip, there are some poor reviews on YouTube (distortion/ masking outer frame), it would bad luck If they spoil what I’m sure will be great footage even without filters.

I would test them before your big trip, there are some poor reviews on YouTube (distortion/ masking outer frame), it would bad luck If they spoil what I’m sure will be great footage even without filters.
Thanks, no worries. I will take some clips and shots then attached them to see if there is a difference. Unfortunately, in today's UK weather; testing them outside is not possible.[emoji26]

How about this filter any takers...

6d0d4c6a0867b8231381f2e814306f11.jpg

Yes, looking forward to a review of your filter set, preferable with direct comparison to PGYTech version.

In light of PGYTech's recall of their CPL and ND-PL filters, will also be interesting to see how your ND/CPL filters perform on the Mavic Mini gimbal. I hope there is no stress on gimbal motors...?

I am expecting my order of PGYTech filters (ND8-ND64) soon...will post some footage after I have a chance to try them out. But would like to have the polarization option...if the gimbal can handle.
Lens Filters for DJI Mavic Mini Camera Lens Set, Multi Coated Filters Pack Accessories (6 Pack) ND4, ND8, ND16, ND4/CPL, ND8/CPL, ND16/CPL

PGYTECH DJI MAVIC MINI ND-FILTER SET ND8, ND16, ND32, ND64

Well, decided to put my money where my filters are...so ordered a set of the FStop_Labs filters also...direct from FStob_Labs and will do a comparison with the PGYTech when they arrive. Meanwhile watching a few videos from other folks who have done reviews of filters. One thing that jumps out at me is how seldom they do a direct comparison...so my plan would be to shoot some video with 'no filter', then similar flight with FStop_Labs, then similar flight with PGYTech...so hopefully a chance to evaluate the results.

From what I can see, Polar Tech did a good video showing how to get best results from a circular polarizer filter...anyway, maybe a small way to contribute to the storehouse of knowledge for Mavic Mini owners...

Reactions: Ramacher
Well, decided to put my money where my filters are...so ordered a set of the FStop_Labs filters also...direct from FStob_Labs and will do a comparison with the PGYTech when they arrive. Meanwhile watching a few videos from other folks who have done reviews of filters. One thing that jumps out at me is how seldom they do a direct comparison...so my plan would be to shoot some video with 'no filter', then similar flight with FStop_Labs, then similar flight with PGYTech...so hopefully a chance to evaluate the results.

From what I can see, Polar Tech did a good video showing how to get best results from a circular polarizer filter...anyway, maybe a small way to contribute to the storehouse of knowledge for Mavic Mini owners...
I’ll look forward to your review, what I’m interested in is how you’ll select the correct filter given there is no manual video adjustment or data

I have the JSR ND-PL filters and you can check out a Video I made.
I didn't have any vignette problems, as shown in the other JSR Video 8 posts above.

I have the JSR ND-PL filters and you can check out a Video I made.
I didn't have any vignette problems, as shown in the other JSR Video 8 posts above.

Yes I already watched this, thank you. I was wondering if there’s anyway to estimate shutter speed by going into manual photo setting iso to 100 and playing with shutter speed until you get the right exposure noting the targeted 180 rule.... I’m no expert so I don’t know

Reactions: Mrveronn
Did any PL filters affect the gimbal like the PYGTech that was recalled?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007