DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini looses altitude and I don't know why.

Ok. I called DJI today. They told me nothing was wrong with my Mini, I just need to calibrate my IMU and Compass before every flight and I should be just fine. I might be a little skeptical, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Reactions: slup
Ok. I called DJI today. They told me nothing was wrong with my Mini, I just need to calibrate my IMU and Compass before every flight and I should be just fine. I might be a little skeptical, but I'm not sure I believe him.

And that's what they will continue to tell you until it fails, at which point they seem happy to replace it.

The DAT file posted is the wong one. The correct one should have the name ending with FLY032.DAT.

Throughout the flight there was a lot of "max power load reached" warning which is one of the signature of the uncommanded descent problem. Did you see it on the phone's screen in the problemetic flight and the normal one today ? This is the DJI GO screen capture when my Mini went into uncommanded descent :

May be you can also post the .DAT and .TXT files of the flight today so some comparison between the two flights can be made.
Stupid question maybe: the Flight Pointer in the arc at bottom of screen is pointing to the right. Is that correct?

Stupid question maybe: the Flight Pointer in the arc at bottom of screen is pointing to the right. Is that correct?

That doesn't really help in the Fly app, because it doesn't show where north is. You need to look on the map view.

flying over snow is like over water , could the reflection affect the VPS sensors and cause it to drop ( like most dji drones do when hovering above water)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr