DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Manual Take off does not work

andyj

Reactions
Been a Mavic Mini pilot for 6 months or so. After the last 2 DJI fly app updates, I seem to have lost the ability to take off manually. Can take off successfully using the auto take off. I read a post that said to recalibrate the RC, so I did that with no success. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just to start with the basics. Can you start the motors idling when pulling both sticks inwards and down. If yes, you are then saying the Mini won't lift off when raising the left throttle stick?

StartStopMotors.jpg

I cannot start the motors when doing the operation you described or the instruction book. The motors will start using the auto take off. Once airborne everything else is normal.

A couple of thoughts. Has the lovely lady told you to check Home Point on the map? Wondering if the extra few seconds between trying to manually spin up the motors then going to the screen to auto take off enough satellites are connected. Also, once you land and the motors stop, have you then tried a manual motor start then a take off?

The other thought is the problem is with the Flight Controller and the "down and in stick" simultaneous movement isn't being recognized so try a stick calibration in the app. If that fails maybe try doing the other optional movement to start the motors, a "down and out" movement with both sticks (as shown in my thumbnail in my previous post above).

Anybody else have any ideas??

A couple of thoughts. Has the lovely lady told you to check Home Point on the map? Wondering if the extra few seconds between trying to manually spin up the motors then going to the screen to auto take off enough satellites are connected. Also, once you land and the motors stop, have you then tried a manual motor start then a take off?

The other thought is the problem is with the Flight Controller and the "down and in stick" simultaneous movement isn't being recognized so try a stick calibration in the app. If that fails maybe try doing the other optional movement to start the motors, a "down and out" movement with both sticks (as shown in my thumbnail in my previous post above).

Anybody else have any ideas??

It's most likely the stick calibration.

Been a Mavic Mini pilot for 6 months or so. After the last 2 DJI fly app updates, I seem to have lost the ability to take off manually. Can take off successfully using the auto take off. I read a post that said to recalibrate the RC, so I did that with no success. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
My experience with the Mavic Mini has been identical to what you describe. I have had mine since Oct of 2020. This issue seems to have surfaced after a software upgrade. No other problems.

Just an update. Thanks for all of your help. My Mavic mini can now use the manual takeoff function. I found using DJI Assistant 2 that there was a version 5 update for the RC. Once I upgraded the problem disappeared. I can start the motors in the sticks downward and to the inward position.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid