DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini motor covers

Actually they are designed to protect your Mavic Mini from dust and debris seeping into the motors while operating your aircraft.
I would think if that was a large concern, DJI would have done something about that.

if dji were worried about their motors being open at the top then it seems strange that every drone they have produced ,has the same design apart from weight putting a cover on the top would change the dynamic of the motor as it spins and could put extra stress on the bearings in the motor i use the neoprene covers on my MPP that keep dirt out of them when they are in the case but not when they are running

Reactions: Thomas B
Actually they are designed to protect your Mavic Mini from dust and debris seeping into the motors while operating your aircraft.
All DJI drone motors have openings on the top. They been flying just fine like that for years now.

W
if dji were worried about their motors being open at the top then it seems strange that every drone they have produced ,has the same design apart from weight putting a cover on the top would change the dynamic of the motor as it spins and could put extra stress on the bearings in the motor i use the neoprene covers on my MPP that keep dirt out of them when they are in the case but not when they are running
Well, looks like the consensus is "Don't put covers on the MM motors." advice well given and well taken. Thank you all for the advice in the matter. Happy Flying.

I would think that for any Drone Motor as tiny as the one's on the Mini especially, it wouldnt be good to use a Motor Cover in flight as it would restrict the cooling airflow..

Reactions: jkind
several years, ago there was a disc device that fitted behind the wheel on your car,that was supposed to prevent the brake dust from the pads from making the wheel dirty, it was around the time when asbestos was removed from brake friction material and replaced by resins and carbon,they did in fact work quite well ,at keeping the wheel clean, but what no one had thought of at the time ,was the fact that they also prevented cooling air to reach the brakes,and in fact caused them to overheat and cause brake fade ,

Reactions: Camino Ken
several years, ago there was a disc device that fitted behind the wheel on your car,that was supposed to prevent the brake dust from the pads from making the wheel dirty, it was around the time when asbestos was removed from brake friction material and replaced by resins and carbon,they did in fact work quite well ,at keeping the wheel clean, but what no one had thought of at the time ,was the fact that they also prevented cooling air to reach the brakes,and in fact caused them to overheat and cause brake fade ,

I remember those. They were called Kleen Wheels.

(Several years ago? I think it was several decades ago.)

Reactions: old man mavic
I remember those. They were called Kleen Wheels.

(Several years ago? I think it was several decades ago.)
your probably correct i forget how old i am sometimes

Reactions: Camino Ken
Another Mavic Mini owner used a laser thermometer to measure engine temperatures after hovering for 20 minutes with and without engine covers and noticed no difference.

Seems to be an evolving accessory. Sunnylife offers two variations, with an 'upgraded' version that claims to lift the propellers a bit (image on the left). And I just noticed a new design, available on Amazon.ca under the brand name "Vincent & July", and unbranded on Ebay.com, that is very similiar to the upgraded Sunnylife (image on the right). Slight variations in their design...

I've ordered the Vincent & July version off Amazon.ca and will give them a try...although, at this point I have not experienced the prop damage due to impact with the body of the drone.
1580937540673.png1580937387316.png

Just had my mini in the air again yesterday. I put a small piece of tape on the shell where it has hit before to see if it would leave a mark. Very slight
mark is what showed up on the tape. The prop does have a flaw at the very end of the blade. It’s there, but you need to look closely to see it. I’m still waiting to hear back from DJI about how they want to handle round two of this issue. Any prop strike of any kind is not good for anything that flys, be it conventional aircraft or a mini drone. My suggestion to anyone that has the mini is to look very closely at their front props.

Just had my mini in the air again yesterday. I put a small piece of tape on the shell where it has hit before to see if it would leave a mark. Very slight
mark is what showed up on the tape. The prop does have a flaw at the very end of the blade. It’s there, but you need to look closely to see it. I’m still waiting to hear back from DJI about how they want to handle round two of this issue. Any prop strike of any kind is not good for anything that flys, be it conventional aircraft or a mini drone. My suggestion to anyone that has the mini is to look very closely at their front props.
Any chance the Prop Flaw could be very gently filed off?

Sure it can. That doesn’t solve the issue of why this one eats props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk