DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini motor

lowellton

Reactions
Good day. Need some help about my MM motor. I saw some green color on motor. Can i spray it wd40? Thanks37EDA094-0BB2-4CCC-95B4-048683226BCB.jpeg695516FF-6055-48F2-91E2-CAC8272B784C.jpeg37EDA094-0BB2-4CCC-95B4-048683226BCB.jpeg

Reactions: Mavic Mini
I wouldn't do anything to it! Is it having a problem?
Thanks for your reply. I dont hear or notice problem on my MM. Upon checking the rest of the motor they all have color green. I think its some king of silicon or something. Thanks again

You for sure don't want to spray anything in your motor, except maybe compressed air to blow out dust. WD-40 is a solvent to the lubricant in the bearings. Bad!

Reactions: Mario McFly
Kind of weird, my mini is like tank. I have put that little guy through hell . Never complains. I do have a problem that video is choppy. I will post this on another blog as this is not related to your issues.

It's probably bearing lubricant, how new is your Mavic Mini ?

You for sure don't want to spray anything in your motor, except maybe compressed air to blow out dust. WD-40 is a solvent to the lubricant in the bearings. Bad!
FWIW WD-40 is neither a solvent nor a lubricant.

FWIW WD-40 is neither a solvent nor a lubricant.
I disagree. It is a light hydrocarbon akin to kerosene etc. As such it will readily dilute lubricants with higher viscosity. It works quite well at *disolving* (removing) tar from car finishes and for many other purposes. It is neither a good lubricant and often not the best solvent either. Otherwise it's generally benign and has it's place - just not on bearings and such!

Reactions: rehkram
It might be COVID-19. Put a mask on it and you’ll be fine. Just be sure to maintain proper social distancing of, say, 6,000 meters???

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf