DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini motor

lowellton

Reactions
Good day. Need some help about my MM motor. I saw some green color on motor. Can i spray it wd40? Thanks37EDA094-0BB2-4CCC-95B4-048683226BCB.jpeg695516FF-6055-48F2-91E2-CAC8272B784C.jpeg37EDA094-0BB2-4CCC-95B4-048683226BCB.jpeg

Reactions: Mavic Mini
I wouldn't do anything to it! Is it having a problem?
Thanks for your reply. I dont hear or notice problem on my MM. Upon checking the rest of the motor they all have color green. I think its some king of silicon or something. Thanks again

You for sure don't want to spray anything in your motor, except maybe compressed air to blow out dust. WD-40 is a solvent to the lubricant in the bearings. Bad!

Reactions: Mario McFly
Kind of weird, my mini is like tank. I have put that little guy through hell . Never complains. I do have a problem that video is choppy. I will post this on another blog as this is not related to your issues.

It's probably bearing lubricant, how new is your Mavic Mini ?

You for sure don't want to spray anything in your motor, except maybe compressed air to blow out dust. WD-40 is a solvent to the lubricant in the bearings. Bad!
FWIW WD-40 is neither a solvent nor a lubricant.

FWIW WD-40 is neither a solvent nor a lubricant.
I disagree. It is a light hydrocarbon akin to kerosene etc. As such it will readily dilute lubricants with higher viscosity. It works quite well at *disolving* (removing) tar from car finishes and for many other purposes. It is neither a good lubricant and often not the best solvent either. Otherwise it's generally benign and has it's place - just not on bearings and such!

Reactions: rehkram
It might be COVID-19. Put a mask on it and you’ll be fine. Just be sure to maintain proper social distancing of, say, 6,000 meters???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78