DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini no cooling fan, but I hear one?

Enzobass

Reactions
Hello, sorry to ask so many questions... but I must say this is a great forum to get answers!

ok so I read in many places there is no cooling fan on the Mavic Mini, but I hear something? , upon turning on my unit, very quiet fan noise, but I swear it’s there? I watched many vids where they Disassemble the mini and cannot see a fan... but I hear one?
Or is that some odd electronic hissing?
Should I be concerned?

anyone else hear this? Or know what it is?

Reactions: jramstad
Hello, sorry to ask so many questions... but I must say this is a great forum to get answers!

ok so I read in many places there is no cooling fan on the Mavic Mini, but I hear something? , upon turning on my unit, very quiet fan noise, but I swear it’s there? I watched many vids where they Disassemble the mini and cannot see a fan... but I hear one?
Or is that some odd electronic hissing?
Should I be concerned?

anyone else hear this? Or know what it is?
maybe its the controller fan you can hear, though not sure if it has one like my MPP does

Last edited:
Reactions: shaneb50 and WooZie
In this video you can see all components of our MM

wow lots of tiny parts and way over my pay grade to take apart lol fun to watch though
This guy managed to take his apart

Nice job, one last thing, you should have fired it up after assembly just to be more convincing that nothing was out of place.

the controller that comes with the MPP has a fan ,not sure if the SC does never owned one

Reactions: shaneb50
I've disassembled both my mini1 and its controller and there is definitely no fan in either. The gimbal on the drone can make a faint whining noise which may sound like a bit like a cooling fan. I suspect the whining is from the gimbal motors jittering slightly when the control circuitry can't quite whether the gimbal needs to be up or down a microstep from where it is.

Reactions: Emanáku
Certainly would have been nice if on was included. Probably sacrificed it to save weight. All I know is it gets toasty quick when I am downloading media. I have to park it in front of a fan if I am downloading a video to keep the heat alarm from buzzing.

I use a small fan after each flight to help keep it cool on those very hot summer days. Sometimes those little drones can get really hot as well as the battery when it's hot from flying. But I've never heard any fan in my mini drone

Reactions: Riverbravo
Certainly would have been nice if on was included. Probably sacrificed it to save weight. All I know is it gets toasty quick when I am downloading media. I have to park it in front of a fan if I am downloading a video to keep the heat alarm from buzzing.
I just remove the SD card and copy them directly using the card reader built into my laptop, or via a card reader plugged into my phone. It's much faster than transferring from the drone via the USB cable and avoids any overheating issues.

I use a small fan after each flight to help keep it cool on those very hot summer days. Sometimes those little drones can get really hot as well as the battery when it's hot from flying. But I've never heard any fan in my mini drone
That's a great idea. I think I have one laying around the house.

I just remove the SD card and copy them directly using the card reader built into my laptop, or via a card reader plugged into my phone. It's much faster than transferring from the drone via the USB cable and avoids any overheating issues.
I would love to do that. At the moment I don't have a laptop I can use. Maybe one day, but for now the fan works fine.

I would love to do that. At the moment I don't have a laptop I can use. Maybe one day, but for now the fan works fine.
You don't need a laptop to do this! I often view/edit stills and video on my phone or tablet, and I use a £5 micro SD card reader to do this. The card reader even works on smart TVs. I wonder what you're copying the files to?

Reactions: Emanáku
You don't need a laptop to do this! I often view/edit stills and video on my phone or tablet, and I use a £5 micro SD card reader to do this. The card reader even works on smart TVs. I wonder what you're copying the files t

You don't need a laptop to do this! I often view/edit stills and video on my phone or tablet, and I use a £5 micro SD card reader to do this. The card reader even works on smart TVs. I wonder what you're copying the files to?
I copy them to my old galaxy 7. It's the phone I use for the mini. From there I either I post to social media or upload to the cloud. Are you saying you have an SD reader you plug into your phone? Plugging into the TV would be nice.

Reactions: scro
I copy them to my old galaxy 7. It's the phone I use for the mini. From there I either I post to social media or upload to the cloud. Are you saying you have an SD reader you plug into your phone? Plugging into the TV would be nice.
I used to use a Galaxy S7 for flying my mini, and now use an S10. I often copy the full res pictures/videos onto my phone using the card reader. It plugs directly into the USB slot on the phone and works a treat. Below is the reader I have - I'm sure the equivalent is available in the USA too. It has USB A, Mini and USB C connectors so plugs into all of my devices old and new.

Make sure it's an "OTG" card reader so your phone will see it as a USB memory stick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead