DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini no video on phone

Goose323

Reactions
I just recently got my mini out to fly it and was not getting video on my phone screen. The previous time I flew it was maybe 3 weeks before and everything worked perfectly.
The only change this time was I downloaded a new version of the DJI fly app. I am getting data to my phone from my mini, because I can see the battery level and I can see the GPS satellite information. And I can even fly it and see the speed of the drone. I'm just not getting any video at all on my phone screen.
I had it sitting on my desk last night powered on with my remote connected to my phone and after it had set there for a while I started getting really pixelated video on my phone and the longer it sat there the clearer the video got.
So I thought maybe it was good. So I turned it off and came back later and tried it again and had no video.

I've never had an issue like this before and it doesn't appear to be my phone because I also tried my tablet and got the same result.

The camera is working because I can record video and take pictures and then view them on my phone. I'm just not getting a live video feed.

Has anybody else experienced this??

My wife thinks I'm faking so I can get a mini 3 pro.....

Same cable with both devices? If so, might be the cause. Just had to replace one for same problem.

No the camera is damaged and not repairable, so you need the Mini 3, show this to the wife and tell her I said it with certainty
I appreciate the backup lol. But I would still like to get this issue with my MM figured out if possible.

I watched a YouTube video yesterday that said there was a transmission cable in the drone that is used to send the video feed to the controller and I'm wondering if that is my issue.

Thanks

Same cable with both devices? If so, might be the cause. Just had to replace one for same problem.
No it's two different cables. My phone requires a USBC and my tablet uses the same connector that the RC uses. So I have a converter cable for my phone and a straight cable for the tablet.

I just recently got my mini out to fly it and was not getting video on my phone screen. The previous time I flew it was maybe 3 weeks before and everything worked perfectly.
The only change this time was I downloaded a new version of the DJI fly app. I am getting data to my phone from my mini, because I can see the battery level and I can see the GPS satellite information. And I can even fly it and see the speed of the drone. I'm just not getting any video at all on my phone screen.
I had it sitting on my desk last night powered on with my remote connected to my phone and after it had set there for a while I started getting really pixelated video on my phone and the longer it sat there the clearer the video got.
So I thought maybe it was good. So I turned it off and came back later and tried it again and had no video.

I've never had an issue like this before and it doesn't appear to be my phone because I also tried my tablet and got the same result.

The camera is working because I can record video and take pictures and then view them on my phone. I'm just not getting a live video feed.

Has anybody else experienced this??

My wife thinks I'm faking so I can get a mini 3 pro.....
I am having the exact same problem. Today for an instant I had video then bam... gone... I used mine perfectly before the latest update as well... so much for trying to keep this thing up to date. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-090739.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-090739.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1
I am experiencing the exact same problem. I can take photos and videos, but no video feed to my phone. (Samsung s22 ultra and the Mavic mini (the first one).

Seems to be a common problem with Android phones and the latest version of the Fly app:

Reactions: Romi

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute